• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

?Modbuddy Doesn't run!

Voyhkah

Undead
The modbuddy complains that "Can't find one or more components. Please reinstall the application.". What does it mean and how can I fix it?

I'm getting the same error, "Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application"

Win7 x64

Same error here too, also win7 64bit.

Wait do we need to have visual studio 2010 installed?

Also aww poor Civ 5 programmers, always being pissed off by Microsoft:

Sid meier's civilization v sdk\ModBuddy\ModBuddy.pkgundef
//NOTE: UNCOMMENTED LINES CANNOT HAVE COMMENTS IN THEM >_< STUPID MICROSOFT

According to the wiki:

ModBuddy is built off of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Isolated Shell

According to MS Visual Studio 2010 Isolated Shell:

The isolated Shell redistributable package includes the .NET Framework 4 and the components of the Visual Studio SDK.

I'm taking stabs in the dark, but It appears I did not have .Net 4 Framework installed... doing so now. also, I install the x86 Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable which remove this error:

This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Whaaa? Did you fix it?

I'm running win7x64 and ModBuddy is the only mod tool that does run for me :mad:

I had VS2010 installed already.

Hmm, if I uninstall the VS Integrated shell it switches my error to the "Can't find components" one from the invalid license data.

So it seems like their download isn't including everything they actually need to install.

You mean "Isolated" :) "Integrated" was the one that was causing "Invalid License data." error for me. (You linked to the right one though.)

I fixed it using the above iunstructions and...

Oh. My. God. WOW!!:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :woohoo:

Yes, you need either VS2010 Shell (Isolated) or a full version (Professional+) of VS2010 installed. Express doesn't register itself for that.

Top Bottom