ModBuddy won't debug anymore

OTiger

Warlord
It appears that ModBuddy isn't working for me anymore. When I try to debug my mod, it won't create the mod in my Mods folders anymore. There isn't an error in the Output box, so it says that the Build has succeeded. A while ago, I had to get a new version of Windows 10 after my version expired, so I'm not if that caused the problem or some other problems, like Visual Studio not working.

So, do you have any idea what's going on?

Last edited:
Check if Modbuddy outputs the built mod in the correct folder. For some reason it created a MODS folder inside my MODS folder the first time I tried to use modbuddy on my Win10 laptop as well, which prevented mods from showing up in the mods-menu as well

Open Modbuddy: -> Tools --> Options --> Civilization 5 --> General --> 'Use Custom Civilization 5 User Path --> C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
If the path points at the MODS-directory in the 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5'-folder then it might have messed up

Check if Modbuddy outputs the built mod in the correct folder. For some reason it created a MODS folder inside my MODS folder the first time I tried to use modbuddy on my Win10 laptop as well, which prevented mods from showing up in the mods-menu as well

Open Modbuddy: -> Tools --> Options --> Civilization 5 --> General --> 'Use Custom Civilization 5 User Path --> C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
If the path points at the MODS-directory in the 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5'-folder then it might have messed up

Thanks for the help! It turns out that it's making the mods folder in the Documents folder instead in the Civ5 folder, so that's now solved.

Top Bottom