1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ModBuddy won't debug anymore

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by OTiger, Dec 29, 2016.

1. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

It appears that ModBuddy isn't working for me anymore. When I try to debug my mod, it won't create the mod in my Mods folders anymore. There isn't an error in the Output box, so it says that the Build has succeeded. A while ago, I had to get a new version of Windows 10 after my version expired, so I'm not if that caused the problem or some other problems, like Visual Studio not working.

So, do you have any idea what's going on?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

Check if Modbuddy outputs the built mod in the correct folder. For some reason it created a MODS folder inside my MODS folder the first time I tried to use modbuddy on my Win10 laptop as well, which prevented mods from showing up in the mods-menu as well

Open Modbuddy: -> Tools --> Options --> Civilization 5 --> General --> 'Use Custom Civilization 5 User Path --> C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
    If the path points at the MODS-directory in the 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5'-folder then it might have messed up

3. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

Thanks for the help! It turns out that it's making the mods folder in the Documents folder instead in the Civ5 folder, so that's now solved.

Troller0001 likes this.