[MODCOMP] AO2 + Triangle Trade Merge

millansoft

Warlord
Using AOD2 as the base, I merged Age of Discovery II (Dale), Triangle Trade (Dom Pedro II), added the wonderful European Screen (Koma13) and the FaireWeather map. It's almost done, I just had trouble trying to merge two .py files from TT to AOD2. I guess that someone that knows Python should be able to finish quickly this. I hope that some gentle soul do this :)
About the values, I left the AOD2 ones, my idea was just try to add the features from TT to AOD2 to get a more complete game.

Here you're the files, of course all the credit corresponds to the authors, I just did some easy copy/paste work that I wanted to share :)

The Mod Merge:
http://www.millansoft.com/AOD2&TT&AS.zip

And the two files that left to merge, hope someone would be able to do it
http://www.millansoft.com/triangletrade.zip

Have fun!

Nice idea. Joining python files is possible but i think there is a problem with the CvGameCoreDLL.dll (feel the panic? :)). The file you included only supports AOD2 elements. I tried to join CvEuropeScreen.py but got some Python errors about get.debt and control_loan (both elements from Triangle Trade). As far as I understand you have to merge somehow both CvGameCoreDLL.dll files from AOD2 and Triangle Trade to get features of both mods. And I think you can't do this without source code. :confused:

The features from Triangle Trade are very good, it's a shame that we lost them :(
This merge, is all that my knowledge could do, at least I tried :p

I'll be having a look at TT to see what concepts to bring into AoD2. :)

Need the source code. :(

bad times :(

was foolishly hoping that would be an easy couple of files add-in

---------

i want to see african slaves inthe game, if not from an Africa screen I'll probably add them as a purchase option from the Europe screen

Another way to add slaves into the game would to have a new building called slave market.
The slave market would generate slaves (much like a missionary generates them in native villages).

You might want to set some limits on the number of slaves that are generated, based on the proximity to one quadrant of the map (closest to SE corner gets most)
Questions are --
Will AI Use it?

Implications:
Slave markets in more than 50% of colonies prevents selection of Freed slaves in Constitution.
And please -- make the cost of having slaves high (this is not a political correctness issue).
It is quite historical. Having slaves was quite a problem for the slaveowners. In CIV 4, using slavery has a consequence.

In COL, there should be slaves, but not just as population points.
See my notes on slave revolutions over in the TT thread.

Top Bottom