[MODCOMP] Custom House

I downloaded the mod, and unzipped the files. I start the game, choose the mod, and the game restarts. I can see it loading the new custom house files, but when I get to the game the custom house isn't available to build. I have built the docks, lumber mill and warehouse expansion, but it doesn't show up in my build screen. I haven't used any mods before in this game, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. I copied the files into the mod folder as previously stated in this tread, so what am I doing wrong?? Any ideas?

I downloaded the mod, and unzipped the files. I start the game, choose the mod, and the game restarts. I can see it loading the new custom house files, but when I get to the game the custom house isn't available to build. I have built the docks, lumber mill and warehouse expansion, but it doesn't show up in my build screen. I haven't used any mods before in this game, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. I copied the files into the mod folder as previously stated in this tread, so what am I doing wrong?? Any ideas?
Check to see if the Custom House is in the Pedia, check to see if the mod is loaded by looking in the top right corner of the screen in the Main Menu, it should say "Custom_House_v0.02" (or most current version). If all that checks out then maybe you have the wrong address for your Assets folder. It should be as below...

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\Custom_House_v0.02\Assets

Sometimes we make the mistake of doing...
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\Custom_House_v0.02\Custom_House_v0.02\Assets

or something similar.

Looks like I had the wrong address on my Assets folder. I fixed it, and it now works. However, now my game keeps crashing. Not sure why. I can play over 100 turns before it crashes, but sooner or later, no matter what I do, the game keeps crashing on me now. It never did that earlier....

Is there another MOD which incorporates the [MODCOMP] Custom House v0.02 mod within it? I love some of the other mods on this site, but cannot find one that allows me to build a custom house that lets me trade after a boycott, like this one does. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am finally playing this game after so many years. Where can I get this mod now? The link appears to be dead :(

Top Bottom