1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modcomp Request; Inquisitor unit.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by kairob, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Very cool GreySaber.

2. GreySaber

GreySaber Chieftain

Thanks all.

To be honest, I can't say if the AI will use the unit or not. I haven't had alot of time with work lately to play much Civ. I'm not much for programming anything new, so much as changing what's there, but I'll see what I can figure out.

@Vishaing: I'll look into Beyond Compare 2. I'm currently using WinMerge, which works well, and is of course, free. Works perfectly with Python and XML files. But if it's got more features, it could definitely save some time. Thanks.

3. chococid

chococid Chieftain

The AI uses the Inquisitor unit in that one scenario in BTS that has it.

4. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

This looks so awesome. Thanks GreySaber!

5. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

We were wondering if the AI in RFC considered it necessary. Does the AI in Gods of Old differ one bit from the Rhye'sian one?

6. Puer

Puer Chieftain

This isn't compatable with RFC Rand 1.10?

Following files are different (seems that not only Inquisitor part):
    CvMainInterface.py
    CvEventManager.py
    PyHelpers.py
    CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml
    CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    CIV4VictoryInfo.xml
    CIV4UnitInfos.xml

It there a working version which is compatable with RFC Rand 1.10 :)
    Thanks.

7. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

Can anyone confirm/deny if the Inquisitor's AI is working. Is the AI building them or even if you give them an Inquisitor from the WB does it go to remove the religion.

Just Python did not work for RFCE, I had to use C++ to mod it.

8. Nerochev

Nerochev Chieftain

Is this compatible with the most recent patch?

9. musicfreak

musicfreak Chieftain

They don't make any modifications to the AI in Gods of Old, so no, I don't see any reason why the AI would not use the unit.

10. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Can anyone confirm that this works with the newest version?

11. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

I tried it with a modified version of 1.183 and at least then it didn't work. I need to re-install Protestantism mod and this while the newest patch's still new.

12. cider

cider Chieftain

and what about 1.186 ? :crazyeye:
    would be cool if someone could update the inquisitor to the newest RFC. very useful unit.

13. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Ok, I have a major problem. I installed the mod, but when I open it, it gives me an XML error telling me something is wrong with the units category. I'm forced to open up task manager and manually close civ cuz its frozen; the error message keeps on popping up, ad infinitum, (not to mention, ad nauseum). For the moment, I can't play RFC, which sucks. How do I uninstall the mod?

14. jmerry

jmerry Chieftain

More likely, it was a very large number of similar error messages; if you had clicked through enough times, it would have ended. That happens when there's a syntax error (usually an unbalanced bracket); one entry can't be parsed, and it cascades to break the rest of the file as well.

15. antaine

antaine Chieftain

why a unit? Why not just make it implicit?

Historically, governments have had a difficult time removing unwanted religions...even Zoroastrianism persists in repressive Iran to this day. Therefore, they should be mostly permanent.

But history has also shown that they can be eroded over time, given the right circumstances. Perhaps nonstate religions can begin to "decay" a number of turns after a different religion being declared the state religion. This could happen slowly under Organized Religion and somewhat faster under Theocracy (but not under any others). Factors affecting how fast or slow a nonstate religion disappears from a city could include the number of turns that religion has already been present once the clock starts ticking, as well as that city's distance from that religion's holy city. Missionary units might be able to strengthen waning religions, too.

There would probably need to be a culture-like way of accounting a percentage of adherents to a particular religion (affected by state support, time, and number of that religion's buildings in the city), and so perhaps bonuses/penalties could also occur on a gradient dependent on what the population of the bonus/penalty giving religion is in that city.