Modders Guide to Beyond the Sword

you just have to be a 3d modeling wiz and have the right export scripts

:lol: well, i meant, if you have the skills, you can create a LH without trouble. :)

Will I be able to finally set (mod) sountrack for a specific civilization (leader). Most folks here pay attention to so many details in the game, but do not care about the music at all. You may not realize how important music is to the overall gameplay. Whatever. However, I hate to hear Mozart etc. while playing India. I do not think they listened him much in India, but some Indian music. So what I want is to have that possibility to set, for instance, the music for Indian Empire.

Will I be able to finally set (mod) sountrack for a specific civilization (leader). Most folks here pay attention to so many details in the game, but do not care about the music at all. You may not realize how important music is to the overall gameplay. Whatever. However, I hate to hear Mozart etc. while playing India. I do not think they listened much to him in India, but some Indian music. So what I want is to have that possibility to set, for instance, the music for Indian Empire.

Nothing new in that front that Im aware of. That is an interesting idea though. In FfH2 we have your soundtrack based on what religion you are. So if you switch to the earth religion you gets lots of sounds with heavy drums, nature religion has a lot of light flute and harp music, etc.

We do it by creating new eras for each of the religions, then changing the players era (via python) whenever the player switches religion. It works pretty well. You could do something similiar with your civs.

Nothing new in that front that Im aware of. That is an interesting idea though. In FfH2 we have your soundtrack based on what religion you are. So if you switch to the earth religion you gets lots of sounds with heavy drums, nature religion has a lot of light flute and harp music, etc.

We do it by creating new eras for each of the religions, then changing the players era (via python) whenever the player switches religion. It works pretty well. You could do something similiar with your civs.

I will definately try that - whatever I can - if I won't find anyone who could possibly mod this as I do not know what to start with myself. The idea with religions seems to be good, too. Thanks !

A bit more esoteric... but if PrereqStateReligion is a new tag for Promotions, does that mean it's loaded from the XML earlier now?

I didnt check it for sure but there are many cases where an attribute references a file that loads after it (or an attribute references objects in its own file like techs that require techs). In those cases there is a secondary function that kicks after all the files are loaded that goes back and grabs those attributes.

I didnt check it for sure but there are many cases where an attribute references a file that loads after it (or an attribute references objects in its own file like techs that require techs). In those cases there is a secondary function that kicks after all the files are loaded that goes back and grabs those attributes.

Yes, true. That's the reason I asked. Otherwise I would've just assumed it ;)

I'm just curious because I want to make some changes to Religions soon and I was just wondering if it was getting shifted up or down in the loading sequence so i could prepare accordingly.

I added section 11.2 which covers new INI options that are available in BtS.

One more thing concerning the music. Do you have any idea what files are responsible for the diplo/soundtrack music. Can this be modded through python or maybe SDK ? Diplo muisc is played in the background and when you scroll down it can be heard. The solution to the problem would be just switich the soundtrack off and turning on the diplo music loud enough. That should be relatively easy. Thanks!

One more thing concerning the music. Do you have any idea what files are responsible for the diplo/soundtrack music. Can this be modded through python or maybe SDK ? Diplo muisc is played in the background and when you scroll down it can be heard. The solution to the problem would be just switich the soundtrack off and turning on the diplo music loud enough. That should be relatively easy. Thanks!

i believe the diplo music is defined in the 2d audio xml and in the civilizationinfo.xml

bNoRevealMap- Unit may not reveal unexplroed terrain

I forgot to ask about this earlier.. what does this mean? Are units with these tags unable to enter unexplored terrain?

I forgot to ask about this earlier.. what does this mean? Are units with these tags unable to enter unexplored terrain?

yes, i think so.
spies will have this "feature" ;)

else you could enter the enemy territory and reveal the whole map wihitout open borders and this in the early stage of the game.

it was said in the chat i think

So that would mean then, I guess, that if you moved a Spy unit right up to an unexplored tile, the visibility would be one tile in all directions but that unexplored tile would remain hidden... hmm... it's an interesting idea certainly.

It was rumored earlier so it should com as no surprise its in the CODE and can be used, but something like less then half the new things detailed in this guide are used in the game so you cant assume anything about game play from this guide. These left over code scraps are typical for Firaxis, their are dozens of un-utilized tags in the Warlords code base and most people don't even realize the Unique buildings were possible in the Vanilla code but simply didn't come out until Warlords.

I notice that UnitName is something that an event can do, so can we do that in scenario maps? Name the unit so it has a name when the scenario starts?

Top Bottom