1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Unit Graphics

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Arthedain, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Patine

Patine Chieftain

He lives! Nice to see you again, fairline.

2. Patine

Patine Chieftain

3. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

Sure.

4. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Neurotic Panda

Hows this? Any chance of salvaging the Fubarnidas?

Attached Files:

Thorvald of Lym and Tanelorn like this.
  5. Patine

Patine Chieftain

This looks great, Erika. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with, Tanelorn. Thanks, greatly, both of you!

6. Patine

Patine Chieftain

Erika, even though you seem to be winding the armoured vehicle industry (for now, at least, in the face of anthropomorphic animal armies, ten-winged WW1-era planes (decaplanes?) and tromplers), is there any chance you could fit in in a few more armoured vehicles for me, please? If you're willing (no rush - I'm in no hurry), I need a Swedish Stridsvagn 103 MBT, a Mexican Army (though largely German contract-designed with Mexican input) Sedena-Henschel HWK-11, and the Cadillac Gage Commando Armoured Car. If you could do these three items for me (and, as I said, there's no hurry), I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridsvagn_103
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedena-Henschel_HWK-11
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Gage_Commando

7. Patine

Patine Chieftain

I literally, just now, noticed the first item, the Swedish tank was already done by tanelorn in his summer compilations. I'm becoming so overwhelmed by units I'm forgotten some that have already recently been made... :p

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  8. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Neurotic Panda

How's this? The mutated Conqueror started out as an attempt at a FV4005 183mm gun tank.

Attached Files:

9. Patine

Patine Chieftain

Looks great Erika! Thanks!

10. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

Small edit of @Broken_Erika 's Leonidas. Edited the font (2 step, mirror) and back (antenna boxes) , widened the right troop hatch, added side engine grills, added the small open turret, gave it a Greek army camo job. Didn't do the smoke launchers. Will do Cyprus camo later.
    Most (400 (+100?) for Greece, 200 for Cyprus) are of this version. The 100 original Leonidas 1 were upgraded to this standard too.

The (about 400) Austrian 4K4FA has exposed side grills, a top grill, different lights and antennas and options for extra stow boxes and a 20mm cannon in the cupola (grenadier version, around 80). And different camo, of course:

Doing the SK105 now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  11. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

SK-105 K├╝rassier. Basically an AMX 13 turret mated to a lowered 4K4FA chassis. Mostly used by Austria, Argentina and Morocco. Tunisia, Bolivia, Botswana and the Brazilian marines use this light tank too.

Attached Files:

12. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

Could I trouble you guys with a request for a Sikorsky H-5 helicopter ;please?

The colour scheme is optional. Army Silver/Grey or Navy/Marines blue would both do as it is not a key unit. All I really ask is that it is a fairly light scheme as dark units do not show up well in game.

13. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

Attached Files:

14. Patine

Patine Chieftain

@Tanelorn
    I don't mean to sound demanding, pushy, or impatient (I'm really not), and I realize you're very much enjoying missile boats and often put out graphics in thematically-tied chains or series, but did you look into doing that Cold War late-Franco-era Spanish jet fighter, the Hispano HA-200 you had said would be no problem? No rush or pressure, just checking if it was forgotten or not. I can wait if it is in a big queue, though. :)

15. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

@Patine I had honestly forgotten all about it. Very easy, really. Hispano HA 200. Would you like it in Spanish or Egyptian camo as well? Is it for a scenario?

Attached Files:

16. Patine

Patine Chieftain

It's the Spanish camo I'm looking for. And a little yellow-and-red Spanish Air Force roundel would be swell too, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. It's for one of several scenario ideas being very seriously considered for my next project post-KW. Thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  17. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

A minor edit of Fairline's J8II into a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-15 , the infamous Flagon that killed Yuri Gagarin and shot three civilian planes full of people. At the end of the cold war, it still equipped four PVO regiments in Siberia, two in Karelia, two in the arctic north, two in the Ukraine and one in the Caucasus.

Mig 31 on the way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  18. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    typhoon353 and Thorvald of Lym like this.
  19. Patine

Patine Chieftain

You know, there a couple of times in the past while I wished I had a MiG-31 in ToT style on hand. And now I have one, and none of my reasons for wanting one are currently relevant. Oh, well, it'll likely be good to have in the future. :p

20. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Chieftain

Well, it is by far the best Soviet fighter Civstats-wise. Since we cant have anti air only units though, it would be hugely overpowered. Same with the Tomcat. They are not in scenarios because they would break the game.