Modern Unit Graphics

A compolation of my cold war and modern and near-future aircraft...
Aerospeedwagoneers.PNG

A crapload of stuff:
Bravo, Tanelorn! A truly masterful, very comprehensive, Modern collection of military units from around the world!

But I couldn't help but notice a certain 1970's-1990's U.S. Naval carrier-based CAP-mission jet interceptor aircraft is conspicuous by it's absence... :crazyeye:

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

:cool:

It still needs work but its a start. What do you think?

Thanks to media such as afterburner and top gun, the Tomcat's my favorite modern fighter. Really happy to see it finally get the tanelorn treatment :D

Going to make an Iranian variant?

My attention was brought back here through a comment in a Discord chat, I just wanted to say thanks to you legendary gentlemen for all your unit art over the years. The fact you're still making them is really great.

May I ask, how would any of the authors here feel about their sprites being used in geeky forum games and things, outside of Civ2??

There's a whole subforum here dedicated to play-by-post games (Daftpanzer's part of it ;)). A little over a year ago someone ran a choose-your-own-adventure-style game using Civ2 sprites for map icons. I realized "This is exactly the sort of thing I should've done ages ago!", and launched this monstrosity last March. Most of the sprites I've been posting were made with it in mind. :p

VF84 Jolly Rogers F14A Gulf of Sidre, 1981

Canopy improvement:

Brings back memories of F14 Fleet Defender...

Attachments

• Tanelorn VF 84 Jolly Rogers.png
    Tanelorn VF 84 Jolly Rogers.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,447
  • Tanelorn VF 84 Jolly Rogers fix.png
    Tanelorn VF 84 Jolly Rogers fix.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,423
  • Tanelorn IRIAF F14 Tomcat fix.png
    Tanelorn IRIAF F14 Tomcat fix.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited:
Top Bottom