Modified Scenarios Workshop

That's right MM. It's your scenario with the addition of units made by Tanelorn. Which is certainly who has asked me to raise this scenario because he's interested in the map of the Balkans. The scenario has always seemed very interesting and entertaining. So I just had to create a simple events to include units and action. For me a classic for which I can recover your original title :lol:.

Thanks for that. I never got around to finishing this scenario as I was always re-thinking what I wanted to achieve. It's great that you have taken the time to create the events and bring it to life!

I do have an updated version planned. A few weeks back (or possibly months now) I started work on an enlarged map, based on the one I built for A Soaring Spirit. That map is about 60% done. Just mentioning it in case Tanelorn might be interested in using it for his project. If for example he needed a map of northern Greece and Albania at a slightly higher resolution then this new map could be of use. Alternatively the map I created for Yugoslav Partisans could be cropped and extended south if he needed a really large map of that area. (Of course I'm making a lot of assumptions on the project he may be working on). Just putting the offer out there. :D

First of all thank you greatly, both Gapetit and Drew.
Great Job on the Balkans scenario, trying it out now.
I was originally planning a 1940 Greek-Italian war but I was put off by the large scale on the map I had made (I had posted some images way back). Ship and plane MPs were too high to be practical. The scenario I am now thinking of, with the addition of extra ToTpp units is the full Greek-Italian war and Marita-Merkur (Axis invasion of the Balkans and battle of Crete) deal in one epic campaign.
I have detailed OOBs and units made for Greece, Italy, the Commonwealth, Germany, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria and a partial for Turkey (Hex edited Barb).
I would love to see that map too, thanks again Drew you are amazing!

Last edited:
In that case the Balkan Wars map that exists or the slightly larger one I'm currently creating would fit the bill. If you would like me to post the file as it stands please let me know. Depending on how far north you want to represent, I could even cut off some of the map, thereby speeding up the process of completing it. It's not massively bigger than the one for the original Balkan Wars, basically it's a re-oriented version of the one I used for A Soaring Spirit with the western Mediterranean cropped off and the map extended further northwards.

First of all thank you greatly, both Gapetit and Drew.
Great Job on the Balkans scenario, trying it out now.
I was originally planning a 1940 Greek-Italian war but I was put off by the large scale on the map I had made (I had posted some images way back). Ship and plane MPs were too high to be practical. The scenario I am now thinking of, with the addition of extra ToTpp units is the full Greek-Italian war and Marita-Merkur (Axis invasion of the Balkans and battle of Crete) deal in one epic campaign.
I have detailed OOBs and units made for Greece, Italy, the Commonwealth, Germany, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria and a partial for Turkey (Hex edited Barb).
I would love to see that map too, thanks again Drew you are amazing!
Oh, those barbaric Turks! :p

Seriously, though, I'm greatly looking forward to seeing this one!

@McMonkey
Well, Seyring, a bit NE of Vienna is the northernmost Luftwaffe base (Ju88s) involved in the campaign but Vienna will also do. Crete is the southernmost (Wellington bomber operations from Fuka, Egypt can be event spawned instead) , Italian held Rhodes the easternmost (there was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Abstention in Kastelorizo though). The westernmost BR20 base in the campaign against Yugoslavia was Vicenza, but I would rather cut the map west at Aviano or Venice (at the cost of Ravena, which is not too far away), to keep the Italian north and south forces from interacting with each other. Like, in a previous version the Italian ground units in the Yugo border just wandered to southern Italy before war was declared. And I don't want to place every single Italian coastal unit that played no role in the campaign.
@Patine
It is not a racist thing, I can't have them as an active or playable civ. But I would like to give the Axis the option to attack them if Greece is taken out too soon. I will just hex edit Turk cities to barb ownership.

Last edited:
@Tanelorn I figured as much. I've had to do much the same thing with a number of my scenarios. I was moreso speaking in jest.

Seriously, if I had a good map right now, I would get a rough version done very soon (minus the events). I have unit stats, city stats, rules and graphics ready from previous attempts.
@Patine I get it, it was a good one. :mischief:

Last edited:
If I remember correctly the map currently incudes Crete and Rhodes. I'm not sure exactly sure how far north it extends, but I think it can encompass all of these areas. I will dig out the files in the morning and post them here for you to take a look at. Out of interest, who is the intended playable nation in this scenario? I guess the Axis powers would be the easiest as they were the protagonists.

Balkans.JPG

Athens.JPG

I have included the current map in a .rar and these screenshots are to give an impression of the scale and scope.

The map has got a little bit corrupted when it was cropped, so I need to sort out some coastlines and rivers. I also need to finish the northern half of the map, but the fundamentals are in place.

I'm not working on this currently, but can do if you think it would be suitable for your project.

Attachments

• HELLASTRIM.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 205
This is the one I helped out with? I didn't realize the cropping would corrupt it (I have noticed that but only when I reduce a map greatly - not when I increase it). Sorry!

Very nice. I can get down to detailing it imediately. It is perfect for the Greek/ Albania/ Crete theatre, but since Croatia/ Slovenia are off the map, the 2nd Italian army (on the Yugosav border) and most of the German 2nd army (in Austria, except the motorized corps in Hungary) would be off the map.
But still, the 9th Italian 3rd Hunganian and 12th German armies plus the 1st Panzer corps would get the job done so it is fine.

I had extended it north for him with that program - that is the one that is warped it slightly (the program is still the best option we have!)

It is great as is, Drew, thank you. Crete is done:

I am thinking that now, with Lua, we can have Ju52 fly from the mainland, press K and drop german paratroops

Attachments

• Civ Crete.jpg
    Civ Crete.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
Yep. And you could restrict the paratroopers to certain terrain, like open fields, while still allowing the Ju52 to fly over all terrain.

I think lua is going to revolutionize air combat and combined arms ops especially.

Corrupted it would be a better term I guess. If you take a large map and crop to a small section, for whatever reason there are often irregularities between the two. From what McMonkey is saying, it seems like there are also problems with expanding the map.

Top Bottom