Modifying Simple Unit Stats

Lordclane

Chieftain
I finally sat down to try some mods I happen to like, and found that it has gotten much more complicated to modify unit stats and properties than in earlier Civ versions. This will be, I hope, considerably easier than introducing entirely new unit types. If there is a guide somewhere that will answer these questions, I'd appreciate a link to it. What I need are some simply pointers for modifying existing units' in (I hope) simple ways? Specifically:

1) If I want to change an attack factor, is that a simple variable value change and, if so, how (and where) do I go about it?
2) If I want to have Praetorians able to build roads and/or forts, is that still a simple variable value change and, if so, how (and where) do I go about it?
3) If I want to change the terrain-specific bonuses of certain unit types, again, is that still a simple variable value change and, if so, how (and where) do I go about it?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know the answer to all of those questions, but maybe this will give you a starting point.

Open up C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml with notepad.

If you click on Edit then Find, type in Jaguar and read through until you get to:

< i CollateralDamageMaxUnits > 0 < / iCollateralDamageMaxUnits >
< iCityAttack >10< /iCityAttack >
This reflects the 10% city attack bonus that swordsmen have. You can change this number to 100 and give him a 100% attack bonus. Other units that normally have no attack bonus will have a zero there. Just change it to whatever you want it to be.

< PromotionType >PROMOTION_WOODSMAN1< / PromotionType >

This line is where the Jaguar's terrain-specific forest/jungle bonus is listed. Using this same format, you can add the same promotion or change WOODSMAN1 to read another bonus type.

Top Bottom