[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

I assume that the improved scoreboard is a MODCOMP, I did a search but couldn't find it, could you give me the link?

By the way, today I merged the Melinko's Financial Advisor :)

Minor bugs I've come across

1.The pink balloons that show up to alert you that you have exceeded the storehouse limit for the current warehouse for Indigo and Coffee (and maybe gold). Probably linked to resource art.

2.Get a message that some of the building require "guns" instead of tools to build. May be linked to the Carpenter Shelter/Shop/Lumber Mill or Saw Mill improvements. Does not happen untill later in the game.

3.Pirate civ caused crash to desk top unless custom play to make sure they are not in the game.

4. Can't figure out if the "Custom House" works at all. Nothing seems to happen any differently once you build it.

5. Some of the Native American Civ's in 03e do not have any sounds like the others do when the chief screen comes on.

Australia: I think the reason it is in the game is because the creator Dale was from Australia.
It gives you access to the west side of the map like Russia. Australia and China might add something to the "global" concept but not America. There are several other historic civ's like Sweden, Denmark, Courland, Brandenburg and Knights of Malta that actually had colonies.
(Everyone knows about the Vikings but they arrive 500+ years ahead of every one else)

England should not have George Washington and Adams as leader (revolutionaries) since these are American (13 colonies). James Smith, William Pitt, Henry Hudson, or John Cabot would be more appropiate.

Hi! Just another mini unnoficial update

v0.03f (Unofficial) changelog:
* Added Financial Advisor (Melinko)
* Added Attitude Icons (Porge)
* Added option to lift a boycott from the European screen (Taken from Russian America Mod)
* Disabled Pirate Civilization

You just need to overwrite the files over the MOD.

http://www.filefront.com/16980093/AgeOfFurtherDiscovery_v0.03f.zip

Cool, I will check these :goodjob:
I hope you only uploaded to the files you have changed, it will be much easier to merge that way ;)

Downloaded and played the v.03e last night. Works beautifully!

I'm glad it works for you!
Report any bugs you notice, hopefully we can fix them for the next version!

I noticed a bit of confusion to apply the patch so I uploaded a full one that replaces all the 0.3a,b,c etc. Anyway if you are preparing a new version I can send you just the files I modified to apply the 0.3f easily :)

@millansoft: No problem. Already checked you rar: You only added entries to the beginning of the gametext.xml, and changed the files in the python and res folders, right?
/and of course the civilizationinfos to swith the pirates to bplayable=0/

@cheruscan: Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely check those issues. Keep them coming ;)
Actually right now I'm trying to update the sounds and diplotexts for the new leaders...

That's correct AbsintheRed :)

About the pink boxes that reported Cheruscan, he's right I saw them yesterday, I didn't have time to search for the issue but at first glance I think that the problem could be in the res files, but not sure, have to check it properly.

Reading this thread is confusing. I downloaded 1.12 and started playing it the other day. Now I see posts here about 0.3x and have no idea why they are part of this thread. I assume someone has decided to edit this mod a bit further. Could anyone enlighten me on what 0.3x is about please?

Questions about 1.12:

When I install 1.12 does this include BLUModMod and Plantation Economy?

Is there anyway to change how many immigrants come in to the game? I find myself going back to the latest official patch and playing the game for I just can't stand having tons of immigrants entering the game at warp speed. I wish I could at least disable the Fountain of Youth.

Zep, this thread is about Age of FURTHER Discovery, which is a MODMOD -- its a MOD of the Age of Discovery MOD.

Dale has declared 1.12 to be the last mod and won't be working on the AoD MOD anymore.

Well I feel foolish. :D Does this modmod do anything about the immigrants that pop at warp speed and or have a option to tweak it more like vanilla? I guess there is one way to find out and load the mod.

I loaded the mod and find it to be the same as AOD 2. I prefer vanilla where it's much harder to get immigrants. Oh well thanks for the reply I will stick with vanilla.

AbsintheRed, just curious, exactly are you merging the mod or working on something else? Just to see if I can do something more for the MOD :)

Ehh, the additional sounds are killing me
Do we have a debug.dll for colonization somewhere?

I encountered a very strange bug
The game crashes on start (when loading the new game), but just on a few occasions
I tested it with many settings, the only thing it depends on is the number of civilizations in the game. No matter whether the map size is tiny or huge, just put in a custom game 16-20 random civilizations, and it's almost always come.
My guess is, that somehow the game wants to put 2 of the same native civilization in the map, and can't manage to do that. Note that you can easily have multiple European civs in the game, even 2 or more of the same leader for that civ. Little funny, but you can play against 5 Washington and 5 Adams, the game will run without any problems...
Anyway, this means it must be the Native civs

It works fine with vanilla AoD and even in AoFD 0.03 (with many civs multiple european leaders, but no multiple natives), but not with the changes we made.
So you can try and test it for yourself easily with 0.03e or 0.03f
We must messed up something in those small updates.

Oh crap, I checked, and it's not the natives :S
Now I have no idea...
Do you all have this issue by the way, or is it only on my system?

I can't check it right now but with the method trial and error removing one by one the new features we should find which one is the problem :p

Now this was interesting
Somehow when some of your civs are only playable by you (bplayable=1 and bAIplayable=0) causes the problem I mentioned. I have no idea why is this happening, but just switch all civs to be both 1 or both 0, and everything works fine on huge maps too with 20+ civs

I also managed to solve the sound problems: the sound loading doesn't work the same as loading other xml files. But with some little changes in the xml now it works fine, and I added sound entries to all the new Native leaders.

Btw millansoft, I tested your last update, everything looks fine. I will also try to implement those in the merged version :goodjob:

Great that you found the problem! I disabled in the last update the pirate civilization because of the boycott lift option. I overwrite the Europe Screen from the other mod and that doesn't have the tortuga dock I think and the Pirate civ seems to brings just troubles and it's unfinish.

I will try to fix this one that reported Cheruscan:

1.The pink balloons that show up to alert you that you have exceeded the storehouse limit for the current warehouse for Indigo and Coffee (and maybe gold). Probably linked to resource art.

If I fix it I will upload another update :)

Yeah, I just noticed that you did not merge the python files just added the new ones to the 0.03f :S:S
Not just the pirates are missing (tortuga and othe stuff), but sailing from the west, and all the other things Dale added to AoD...
There are also some issues with the other python files, I found some missing parts in the CvScreensInterface.py too
So your work on the 0.03f is not that great job as I thought when I saw it first :p :)

Top Bottom