[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

Hey Aymerick!
I made some huge changes in XML organization and optimization
I also changed some LHs art to an optimized version
Will upload everything soon

Any progress on your side?

Ok, I did some of that too, send me what you've done once you're ready...

Right now I'm implementing my Custom House ModComp and fixing some bug, I think I've found what the problem is with "Fortress firing on enemy ships"!

Aymerick

I only have one Mods folder for Colonization. Do I have to make a new one in the Program Files/...Colonization/ folder? I'll try that today :)

Anyone notice maps missing the gold resource on them after loading .03d and .03e ?
Is this done with random generator and not all maps get the bonus tiles ?

What triggers "The Fountain of Youth Event" Would be nice to have a similar event like discovery of "El Durado" and get a large reward of gold. (if not gold then something like a shipment of mercenaries or professional soldiers)

Yes, it will be nice to include El Dorado or the Seven Cities of Cibola that already existed in the old Colonization. I was a bit busy, soon I will take a look to see if I can add unique units for the natives :)

Be sure that on an Earth map, the Fountain of Youth goes right where St. Augustine, FL is :D (JK)
Actually, El Dorado sounds interesting. Would you use the Indiana Jones bonus of one wish or the National Treasure/El Dorado bonus of a crapload of gold?

About Civs, I'm having problems with AoDII Pirates and I may have to remove them completly, I'll try to add some of Kailric's Privateer stuff in instead...

Also, I'm not sure I like the new Native you guys added... Probably because I've never heard about most of them! And the Inuits needs some more appropriate music too...

I'll post some details on my progress later...

Aymerick

Sry, I got a little dragged away with other projects, but I'm working on this too

What problem do you have with Pirates?
On the Natives: I'm also not statisfied with the new ones yet, but I'm trying to improve them (both art and xml). I also agree on the custom music, we need some new tunes for all the new civs...

Hi guys! your mod adds a really cool features and i am very happy about that! its a really good work :).

Before i played whit Plots City Radius mod by NeverMind (the settlements can work 21 instead of vanilla 9 squares) and because i try to merge it whit Age of Further Discovery (its only a personal option, the truth that I have nothing against your work, but I think that helps the development of cities and support more population)

so far I've managed to introduce the changes in the next files:

CvMainInterface.py <---- Done
GlobalDefinesAlt.xml <---- Done
CvGlobals.cpp <---- Im not sure about what does htis but was done ^^
CvDefines.h <---- you dont have this file and its a simple copy and paste

my problem comes when I try to edit this file CvGameCoreDLL.dll i have no idea how to modify it or see what's inside.

could you explain hown i can do it? or better u can merge it for me?

thx for ur work and sry for my english :(

I'm still having problems loading. It's still giving me that CTD while loading fonts.

I think that the Pirates and Australia should be removed, Australia anyone knows why and the Pirates too, because I think that it lose the focus of the game. Instead I think that it will be great to include some piracy elements that could use every Civ.
About the natives we added all existed, were important and had contact with the europeans at that time, of course they need some work, like units, tunes. Instead I'm not sure about adding more civs to play with, just because of historical facts.

PD: Please don't forget to include the Visco Mod in the new DLL in the next release :)

About Civs, I'm having problems with AoDII Pirates and I may have to remove them completly, I'll try to add some of Kailric's Privateer stuff in instead...

Also, I'm not sure I like the new Native you guys added... Probably because I've never heard about most of them! And the Inuits needs some more appropriate music too...

I'll post some details on my progress later...

Aymerick

Sooner or later we have to change a few things from AoD II. The main mod wasn't updated for a year now :S
I'm mainly talking about art and xml, but if we go that way and release a merged mod instead of a modmod, we can even remove Australia...
I kinda like the Pirates though, so I vote to keep them

Observation:

Australia and China are out of place in Colonization, since neither had colonies in America. Replace Australia with Sweden and replace China with Denmark. Replace the Pirates Civ with Knights of Malta or Courland. (Russia would be alone starting on the west coast).

For those who like Pirates:
There could be a new building, like a soloon or tavern, where Buccaneers/Privateers or mercenaries can be recruited (not just ships, but bandit or outlaw brigand with swords and pistols who could raid under the Pirate Flag. Some one in the Continental Congress could activate this Pirate option. Instead of being a seperate Civ, all players could access them.

A functioning Customs House like Colonization I and Abandon Colony will be good add-ons. Forts and Fortress should fire on enemy ships.

Having more resources if they also have a secondary purpose (like tobacco/cigars) would be OK as long as the little pink balloons are gone.

More Indian Tribes is an option, but each sould have something unique skill to offer to make their addition worth while.

Random events (like El Durado and Fountain of Youth) could also include some more of the events that were included in Colonization I. World events and changing technology etc.

Thanks to everyone doing fantastic modding work here - AoFD is an absolute blast! My question is how close is the next update? Should I go ahead and try the 03d and 03e betas or is the next iteration just around the corner?

Again, GREAT work everyone!

What are the minor bugs you found?
I will try to fix them...

Anyone know where I can download the 03d update? Looks like it's no longer available on File Front.

I merged v0.03e with millansoft's addons, and reuploaded it to Megaupload
Link is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TB8Q8867

Now, if you have a working AoFD (v0.03), you just have to copy over the files from this rar to your AgeofDiscoveryII folder and overwrite everything
I tested it, it should work fine

Btw, I'm still planning to upload a merged version of AoD, AoFD and the latest changes here.
Also updated many other things from the original AoD (art and xmls), and probably I will remove Australia, it seems noone really likes them...

AbsintheRed, if you need some help with something I will gladly help to update this MOD, just tell me and I will try :)

Thanks, I'm glad you are still here to help. I'm sure I will have many problems with this merge, so I count on you too :)

Right now I'm having problems with the indigo and coffee resources
Somehow they don't appear on the map (the bonuses are there, just the art of the resource not), nor any of the plantations buildings (altough it's the same building...)
Everything seems fine in the artdefines_improvement.xml and in the artdefines_bonus.xml, so I'm not sure what causes this bug :S

EDIT: Oh, yeah, found it. Forgot to modify the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml and CIV4CityLSystem.xml files :crazyeye:

If you have time, could you check the improved scoreboard?
I would definitely want to implement it, along with the abandon colony modcomp, just didn't get that far to actually check how hard is it to merge those...

Top Bottom