Modpack: Rise and Fall of Andean Civilization

hangman

almost-scientist

Announcing: Rise and Fall of Andean Civilization!

Downloads:
Spoiler :

BNW Steam page here
BNW civFanatics page here
G+K Steam page here
G+K civFanatics page here
Soundtrack Steam page here
Soundtrack civFanatics page here

Dominate the Andes & Survive the Spanish Conquest!

Version release dates:
Spoiler :

G+K:
  • V1... 27/04/2013
  • V3... 02/05/2013
  • V4... 08/06/2013
  • V6... 16/08/2013
  • V8... 21/09/2013
BNW
  • V1... 10/03/2014
  • V5... 18/06/2014
  • V7... 13/07/2015

A full-conversion scenario set in the Late Intermediate Period of Andean culture (~1200 to ~1550).
This is a collaboration between myself and hangman.

Andean Late Intermediate Period Scenario (Brave New World version): Dominate the Andes & Survive the Spanish Conquest!

A total conversion scenario set in the Late Intermediate Period and Late Horizon of Andean culture (~1200 to ~1550).

Major features:

• Six playable civilizations, each with a unique trait and path to victory
    Spoiler Civs :
  • All new buildings and units reflecting Andean culture
    Spoiler City :
  • Four Andean religions, and a new mechanic allowing you to gain bonuses by visiting religious Oracles
    Spoiler Religion :
  • All new Policy Tree, with branches dedicated to exploiting the environment and ideologies
    Spoiler Policies :
  • A detailed scenario map of Western South America
    Spoiler Map :
  • 15 new resources including potato, quinoa, cactus, llama, and guinea pigs (yes, you eat them!)
  • A challenging end-game event that includes plagues, Conquistadores and new heathen religions
  • Climate events that dynamically change the environment
  • New soundtrack available here (although the civfanatics version has the soundtrack built-in)
  • Now available in Spanish!

New in BNW:

• New and original unit graphics
  • Trade caravans and cargo ships
  • Spanish translation by Yanapaki
  • New soundtrack
  • Improved balance, especially for happiness and warfare
  • A few map tweaks
  • Now able to use farm graphics instead of polders
  • Can buy out city-states with Great Prophets

Known issus:

• Fairly common bug where game crashes when the Spanish arrive. A simple reload fixes this in many cases, but not always.
  • Game occasionally crashes when founding a Wanka city state. A reload usually works.

A note about the soundtrack: I will bundle the soundtrack with the mod for the BNW civFanatics version. For either steam release and the G+K civFanatics release, you can download it seperately. It should be compatable with all releases and all versions! :)

If you just want the bare map, you can download it here.

Posted similar on Steam page comments:
Mod looks great and excited for the play concept. However, I'm having a consistent crash issue at the end of turn 0 - it has happened on all attempts with a every tribe I've tried. Game goes through all other players, then freezes and crashes while compiling the City-State turns. My half guess is that it occurs when the game switches to the Barbarian's turn, since I have seen a neighboring CS found a city in one of my attempts. I'm on a mac, fully updated to my knowledge [GK - v1.0.2.44], downloaded mod files here, and have played mods of all types before.

Must be. I was hoping it was an issue raised by the new patch, but other mods seem to still work fine: UI only, added Wonders, or full scenario mods alike. I wouldn't know where to begin to find the issue, but hopefully some does because this scenario looks awesome - Great concept.

Someone posted on the steam page that they are having a similar problem on Windows XP. Don't mean to pester, just super excited about this scenario despite not being able to do much anything beyond founding the capital. Thanks for all the work you serious modders do to round out the Civ experience so much. Best Regards.

I also have an issue with workshop on windows 7. Subscribe, but not there.

Great work! The look and feel is fantastic :)

However, I played as the Mollo and found the gameplay a little disappointing. There was barely competition: not for land (big map), not for wonders (could use more), and I seemed to have plenty of all yields, making me just queue up buildings for that 1 happiness each. Maybe it's because of the civ I took - I don't know how the others start out. For the Mollo though maybe raging barbarians could spice things up?

Then after plodding through waiting for the Spanish to show up, BAM: Iskanwaya defected! Expansion victory lost. Just like that :(

Then after plodding through waiting for the Spanish to show up, BAM: Iskanwaya defected! Expansion victory lost. Just like that :(

Thanks for the comment, Moriboe! I agree with much of your critique.

Just a short note on the unique victory conditions: You must have achieved them ON the turn of Spain's arrival, (well, technically two turns before). On that turn the mod will record whether you've won the UV and grant a Golden Age if you have. (*EDIT Civ's in a Golden Age cannot lose cities to Spanish defections.) After that turn - no matter if Spain takes all but one of your cities - you've still won or lost the UV.

The victory progress banner records how well you're doing on the UV, but even if you've achieved all the victory conditions many turns before Spain's arrival you still have to wait until that turn to get the win (meaning you could be winning, then lose some cities to a rival and actually lose).

Hm the way I remember is that before the city flipped in turn 155 or so the banner was at 10+% and 13/13 cities founded. Then after the city flipped "Expansion victory lost" appeared where the "Cities founded: " used to be. But I will reload an autosave and verify that all conditions held before the Spanish arrived. Maybe the error is on my behalf, will let you know. Thanks for the explanation :)

Solved, I needed 15% highlands (the info doesn't state this goes up with the difficulty level!). No golden age though as I was too unhappy (is this the desired effect?), just a diminishing load of GA points. So the city flipped after all, oh well. Very unique mod :goodjob:

Thanks. Did you ever figure out what was causing the crash for Macs?

That one's still a mystery to me...

What's changed RE: 4?

The most obvious change is that the Inka and Chanka both get an extra settler. There's also a lot of balance tweaks and other minor updates.

Top Bottom