[ModRequest] Free Seas

Rod

King
Dear All,

this is an idea I already have for a long time.

I was always disturbed that the seas are only accessible within cultural borders. While it is true that most countries nowadays consider a 200miles zone around their coast to be their territory this is a pretty new concept. Moreover it is effectively enforced only for ressources like oil and gas but not really for fish.

Moreover there are many countries that have huge flotillas for High Sea Fishing, which is big business. Last but not least there were and are Pirates and "not-so-honest" fishermen who take an advantage out of the fact that any country can declare possession of their 200 miles zone, but often not really enforce this as it is pretty difficult to control sea borders.

So I have following idea :

1) Cultural Borders stop at sea.
2) Sea tiles can be worked by any city as long as they are in their cross.
3) who comes first is working first. Meaning if a sea tile could be worked by two different cities the one which is working the tile first is working the tile for all eternity. If a city is forced to leave a tile for one round then the other city might take over.
4) sea improvement like fishing nets and oil drilling platform act like "forts". Meaning, they provide access to the sea resource.

Technically this doesnt sound so challenging.
1)Basically whenever there is check regarding the culture expanse then this expanse will be not done if the tile is a sea tile.
2)Whenever a city wants to work a tile there is certainly a check whether the tile belongs to the own cultural borders. Simply unmake the check if the tile is a sea tile.
3) The sea improvements are a little trickier.As I said best would to make them kind of forts. As there are no streets on water the connection check has to be modified accordingly.

Yo. This area is for stuff that people have made, not requests. Put this in the main Creation and Customization, and I'm sure you'll get some responses/suggestions :)

Top Bottom