Mods are downloaded but not installed

JDexter

Prince
Hey all,

I can download mods just fine in the in-game mod browser. When they are finished downloading and I click on "install mods" I can shortly glance the progress circle being filled, then they are gone from the "downloads" section - but they don't appear in the "installed" section (it still says "no mods installed").

Anybody else has this problem?

I'm on Windows 7 64-but (german) and bought the european DVD release (and yes, it just arrived 40mins ago! ;) ).

I can download maps, but not mods. I get the "Bits" error message. I think this will be fixed in the next few days. It is a well known problem.

Yes, I do have Steam installed on D:
Are the in-game downloaded mod files archives? I can't check, since I'm at work.

If no your hint doesn't help since the mods aren't (yet?) offered as regular downloads. If yes, thanks! :)

(And just to be clear: I don't get an error message)

THIS gives details on how to install mods, however if you have steam / the game installed on a drive other than C;\ drive, or if you have special characters in your user path, you may need to manually install the mods.

Download 7-zip and unzip them into your MODS folder.

Easy enough, but where are the downloaded files? can't find them

THIS gives details on how to install mods, however if you have steam / the game installed on a drive other than C;\ drive, or if you have special characters in your user path, you may need to manually install the mods.

Download 7-zip and unzip them into your MODS folder.

I don't think this is going to work, it didn't for me. It actually downloads the files into the correct folder, but then it doesn't see them. I downloaded Dale's True Start maps and put it into the MODS folder, joining the version that I downloaded in the game, and it just doesn't see them.

Here is a link to the True Start download page it you want to try:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15400

Hey fellas. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Have abit of an issues with browsing mods, as in I can't see any at all! Have searched the forums and havn't found any similar problems.

So basically once I click the Browse mod I see "NO MODS INSTALLED" obviously. Then once I go to the Online tab Im presented with blank results and the search bar on the left and no matter if I leave it blank or type in somthing no results appear. Of note though is that when I return to the Online tab it shows the loading circle begin to load then quickly dissappear. And finally on the Downloads tab it says "Nothing to Download" which makes sense.

Its the full regular version off steam, upgraded off the demo.
Ive made sure my firewall allows the entire steam folder.

Hope you can help! Will post screens if required.

I just tried it and it does work just fine.

The files are downloaded to: D:\Dokumente\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
Simply extract those cryptic files into folders(!) (and you can rename those folders so you actually know what mod it contains). For example Dale's maps could go into \Dale Kents Maps of the World (v 2).

Have fun with it :)

You aren't the only one having this problem.

In my case, the mod list on the Online tab appears for a few seconds, then vanishes abruptly.

Mine was a full install, no demo.

:think: mmhh...i'd still say wait until the next patch, there are some more errors in there, which ar not quite clear atm.

Fair enough. I've never heard of a major software release that didn't need patching right after. "Gamma testing" is what this period really is. ;)

If your username has some non-standard characters, then you may have the same problem. Apparently, permissions can cause issues, too.

The name is entirely basic letters. Running as administrator: same problem. Is there anything in the Steam settings that needs to be set any certain way?

Luckily, the mods I wanted were ones I could get to in the few seconds before everything vanishes. If I do manage to click on one before they all vanish, it installs okay (or seems to).

This is a very helpful thread with a very important piece of information in it! I can imagine that a very great number of people have Civ 5 installed to a drive other than C: and this may be pertinent for many of them.

I used Winrar in stead of 7zip and it worked. Mods are up and running.

Thank you!

Hi,

I am also having the same problems as "Who Dat?". I have installed steam on the C: drive and my username is purely letters, yet I can only view the mods list for about 5 seconds before it goes blank.

The patch released today did nothing about this. Is there any other advice that anyone could offer? I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

rogue_chappati

Hi,

I am also having the same problems as "Who Dat?".

I knew I wasn't the only one who went through so much talcum powd... er, uh, OH THE MOD THING! :shifty:

At this point, I'm waiting for WorldBuilder... but still no luck with this issue. Thank you to everyone who offered solutions, though!

I bought a european realease off civ 5 and it says that i will get some maps included that i have to download from steam..
But cant find them, there are a manual included on how but that makes now sense at all, anyone that knows anything about that??
Starting to pissing me off pretty much and since civ 5 crew nor steam crew answers my mail its pissing me off even more..
Anyone know anything about it?

I bought a european realease off civ 5 and it says that i will get some maps included that i have to download from steam..
But cant find them, there are a manual included on how but that makes now sense at all, anyone that knows anything about that??
Starting to pissing me off pretty much and since civ 5 crew nor steam crew answers my mail its pissing me off even more..
Anyone know anything about it?

Took me some wondering to figure out as well. You need to activate/download them on steam. Chose games-activate a product on steam. Follow the instructions, type in the serials, they will download quite fast.

Then to play them, start CiVV, chose MODS, in the new menu chose single player and they appear there.

Terje

Top Bottom