Mods causing major bugs/graphics issues

omglazers

Warlord
I am currently playing Civ 5 using a series of balancing mods, which I feel provide little to no serious change that could result in the MAJOR problems I am having. When playing WITH MODS, load times are absurd, the graphics seem to have a 'scanning' effect.. moving around causes graphic tiles to slowly load from bottom to top in a 1990s dial up fashion. Things are bogged down, slow, and turns take minutes at a time.

This occurs with ANY amount of mods. And it's basically preventing me from fixing Civ 5 and enjoying it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or can point to the solution?

Mods Used:
AI tweaks - Battle AI
AgS - Resource Info Panel
Balance - Building and Wonders
Balance - City States
Balance - Civilizations
Balance - Fewer Poor Policies
Balance - Improvements (Combined)
Gradual Research
QueueOn
Scouting for Boys
Tectonics [ map script ]
Unofficial Patch

Technical Specs:
Radeon HD 4850 Dx10 Compatable
3.6 Ghz Dual Core
2 GB Ram
Windows 7

Civ 5 Specs:
Running in DX9 mode
Windowed
Graphics settings are all low-minimal and still have problems
DX10/11 mode seems to also have problems

NOTE: When running in 'NON MOD' mode, I seem to have ZERO problems.

Honestly, building a mod browser in and then making the game unable to run due to glitches or memory leaks makes me furious.

I honestly feel ripped off.

the first problem honestly sounds like its just your graphics card being overloaded. I experience the same effect when I'm testing on a huge map (modding), and I reveal the entire map at once.

Firaxis has a history of releasing beta software, but they also have a reputation of being patch machines, so its likely all the problems will get fixed eventually.

Im playing on standard maps. I'd even be willing to drop down in map size if it alleviated the problems.

I'll give it a go.

This honestly would not even be an issue if strategic view did not CONSTANTLY crash. Thats a bug that breaks a major feature and means I can't even play on my laptop :{

actually looking at your specs again, it wouldn't hurt to add some RAM. 2GB is pretty weak these days. My system came with 6gb standard. Plus thats about the cheapest upgrade there is.

The graphic issue is not overheating. I have the same card. If you reload the game it will eliminate the problem. By that i mean you load your save then load it again. It is a pain but so far that is the only workaround i have found to fix the problem. As far as the long load times go, you need more ram i have decent load times with 4 gb.

For reference my specs are 2.8 ghz amd quad core 4 gb of ram and a 4850

Top Bottom