Mods for Noobs

markovnikov

Chieftain
I've never used mods before, but they seem to be a popular topic in these forums. Can youse knowledgeable guys add a list (with links to) some of the more popular/basic ones, with explanations of what they do please. I see that Alan H has already included a 'how to add mods' thread on the FAQs, and would be interested in trying some out.

Also, will a given mod file work on both windows and mac, or are mac users limited to mods written specifically for mac?

Thanks! :goodjob:

At the moment, all mods should work on both platforms, unless they rely on DLC that's only available on Windows (currently only Polynesia, I think).

If and when the Windows crowd get their hands on the ability to customise the CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll file, where all the key game logic is coded, then we'll lose that compatibility, just as we have on Civ4.

There are some issues with Thal's Balance-Combined mod on the mac. I think this has to do with the lack of the most recent patch (although we won't know until the patch comes out!).

There are some issues with Thal's Balance-Combined mod on the mac. I think this has to do with the lack of the most recent patch (although we won't know until the patch comes out!).

I'm using his fine, but I downloaded it before that patch...

What version do you have? I have a few older ones to try out, but not sure which one will work..

Top Bottom