Modular Flavour Start for RifE 1.3x

A lot of people never visit the forums, or never ever post if they do visit them. Currently we're a bit in a... empty tide? Not sure how we say that in English: many people are busy with other games and/or waiting for the patch.

yeah, but even then, about 5k people still play it, or 2.5k, still, it's a lot of people, unless they all have the same problem as me when it comes to downloading... :p

However, for worrying about whether people would play your race - how many people who have the mod go on to download in development things like other races? (It may increase with the new installer of course).

I think unless your race ends up getting included as automatically the vast majority of players will not be trying your race, realistically. On the other hand if you make it and it proves to be popular with the people that do try it it has an increased chance of getting included (I assume) or else being included in the new modular format the way the Bannor chains of command has been.

Essentially if you make an optional extra that's included automatically, for most purposes it might as well be incorporated, most people who play but don't use these forums probably won't fiddle with the default included modules and map-scripts.

Finally, Is that 10k downloads of version 1.3? If so that sounds like a very respectable player base to have (even if many no longer play because of other games they may come back with the next patch).

I think this forum should force people to register before allowing them to click on download links.

More people play than actually post, I have quite a few friends that I introduced to RifE, who will simply never have the time or interest to post here, but love when I bring them new stuff :)

More people play than actually post, I have quite a few friends that I introduced to RifE, who will simply never have the time or interest to post here, but love when I bring them new stuff :)

Me too, I usualy play RifE with 2 friends and none of them is registered in the forum.

Besides that, a lot of people browse the forum but never post. Besides, winter/autumn is when the big companies release most of their games, so this time of year people are preoccupied. Plus the release of Civ5, I'd expect a lot of people to be doing other things. Once the DLL is released and work begins on Eden, I'm sure there will be a lot more people visiting you guys' work ;P

Top Bottom