Modules - Interface

:eek: does this mean that in a mod with the standard DLL (not WoC) you cannot have more than eight religions or eight corporations?

it's simple. The TGA is loaded staticly into the EXE. you have 10religions in the TGA, you load 10Religions in the exe..
now assume you don't want to play with the 2 extra religions, you have to edit the TGA for it..now someone wants to play with 20extra religions, the other with 14, different scenarios peopl will make..

each time, with the standard DLL, you must open the TGA, edit it, edit the XML correspondenly, and hope you never mess up with the indexation..

to avoid this, in WoC we just have introduced an indexation, where you have to add any religion only once, you set the proper index, and never ever have to worry about it. If you take out a module, or put in 5 others from the library, doesn't matter, DLL will take care of it..

it's just to have you do the annoying TGA editing only once...

this has been made, because we assumed many people will start to use WoC to make many different scenarios, and WoC is meant to offer modders(with no SDK skills or XML or tweaking skills, or who can't find bugs themself) to make unlimited different scenarios without ever have to edit any file..
they can just enable/disable any module for any specific scenario they make

ie.
European scenario of the dark ages might only involve 5christian religions, some scenario makes thinks thats ok..another scenario wants to use 15christian religions..someone else wants to make a pruessian scenario, with only protestant religions, someone else a native american scenario, someone else an south east asian scenario...

WoC is not meant for anything but offering a platform where everything is covered and offer scenario makes full power to select any set of modules to make the most diverse scenarios without having to understand and/or go into coding or whatever...

also, our hope is once other join, that bugfixing has to be done only once...since everyone can use the same dll..

cool. why didn't firaxis think of that :)

I doubt anybody outside the WoC Team has any clue to the far reaches we have went in fixing the Firaxis disaster in BtS....

BtS is like Modular v0.2 and we are on v0.5 or v0.6 in the grand scheme of things.

We now in the process of making it even easier. I will update the "how to" when we have all it finished, but now the SDK stuff has been exposed to xml. That means you only have to make xml changes, but I will give an update when all is done.

Are you guys going to try and make them all dds files and get rid of tgas altogether. I see that firaxis resises corporations and religions in the citymain screen and the world builder - why not on the map?

We want to do that, but we see no way of doing it at this point.

I updated the "How To" may add some matching numbers to the resources in the future on it. But wanted to get this up to explain to people using it now.

Are you guys going to try and make them all dds files and get rid of tgas altogether. I see that firaxis resises corporations and religions in the citymain screen and the world builder - why not on the map?

the problem is, the main string on the cities in the normal view(not in the city view) is pulled out of the SDk by the exe. it parses the info on the map as a string. If you can point me out( since i don't have time to search for it, too much work on coding stuff) which line in the CvMainInterface retrieves this string from the exe, I'll rewrite the SDK and Pythons so that you have everything from single tga/dds files(or whatever format you like to use)

give me 1week to change that though...and give me that single line! all other lines i already know, that's the only line i never found myself...which is the reason i never implemented this codechange...

so find the line, and I'll recode WoC to handle this request

Question---How modifiable is the pop-up Diplomacy screen?

Can we create brand-new diplomatic options? E.g. Make things tradeable that weren't tradeable as of BTS 3.13? Create completely brand new tradeable objects (e.g. make military units, or light bulbs) tradeable in the diplo screen?

Also with the Religions and Corporations screens, can we potentially add infinite new objects? And how?

For instance, can we interject a left-right sliding scrollbar to view say 50 some religions/corporations? Or shrink the icon size of the religions/corps while increasing the view square on the screen---in other words blast the screen with a mosaic of choices, of multiple rows?

Here is a preview of the new GameFont.tga. We will have a more detail tutorial with it in the future.

Well, I asked my question in the wrong thread first. All the answers are right in that last picture really. Well, all but the question of where to place the Smiley faces for BUG MOD, but that is far from a concern, and I am reasonably certain I can just put it right under the Happy/Mad/Healthy/Diseased where they had them initially.

New Question occurs: You added new Commerces ot the game (Happy, XP &... Health?), but not the the TGA... do they handle properly in the city screen, or do you just use the Capital Star for the XP and reference the other line?

The answer to the last question is this TGA picture has not been updated for the new commerces and yields. I was waiting on that for release anyway and after all stuff is finished. The latest yields and commerces are still being worked on. On the private SVN I have added new spaces for the commerces as well as some other commerces being worked on. So I guess maybe I should update this to show what it looks like. Just have not got around to it.

Sorry for reposting, maybe this is the right place.

I play ver 0.92 without any problems

One thing bothers me and I hope it's easy enough so I can change it myself.

The background of the science advisor (Tech tree) and that of the foreign advisor makes it difficult for me to read the details, I wish to replace it with the default backround of the vanila game but without removing the Blue Marbel mode which implement that screen if I am not mistaken.

(I am reffering to the cloudy sky background)

Thanks in advance

Self reposting - Problem solved.

Go to:
Mods\World of zation\Assets\Modules\Interface\Blue Marble\Art\Interface\screens

and delete:
civilopediabg2-opaque.dds and civilopediabg2.dds

That's all.

Self reposting - Problem solved.

Go to:
Mods\World of zation\Assets\Modules\Interface\Blue Marble\Art\Interface\screens

and delete:
civilopediabg2-opaque.dds and civilopediabg2.dds

That's all.

Sorry we didn't get to this for you and many thanks for posting this info for others :)

Top Bottom