Modules questions

Fermongu

Warlord
Are they all optional or is there any that is neccessary for mod to work? For example, can I turn off "Custom religions" "New_Cultures" etc?

Ls612 module. It is loaded, but game option "Ls612 traits" are even hidden by default. Is it safe to unload? What does this module do? is it functional if I enable it, or it's an incomplete / in the works, feature?

Are they all optional or is there any that is neccessary for mod to work? For example, can I turn off "Custom religions" "New_Cultures" etc?

Ls612 module. It is loaded, but game option "Ls612 traits" are even hidden by default. Is it safe to unload? What does this module do? is it functional if I enable it, or it's an incomplete / in the works, feature?
In theory anything, except modder named folders, in Modules can safely be turned off using the MLF controls. Unfortunately this has turned out to not be the case since about v25. I have been slowly working my way through the various modules which contain MLF controls documenting which can or can't be turned off. I have only done the Alt_Timeline and the Custom_Religions so far. Look in the MLF for comments. The aim is to make them all optional.

In theory anything in My_Mods eg New_Cultures can be turned off by moving them to My_Mods (Unloaded). Mods in My_Mods (Unloaded) can be turned on by moving them to My_Mods. Unless you are doing work on them I would not move those with (broken) in the name. The things in My_Mods are candidates for moving into the core. They may become part of the main game ie not optional or they may become part of the optional stuff. Unfortunately with the last release we did not have the people and time to move most of thes into the correct place.

Modder named folders were where the various modders work on their contributions to C2C. Note some are the name of the modder who we got the work from and it is there so they receive credit if we forget elsewhere. When the modder is happy with what they have done they will move the module either into My_Mods or directly into core. Ls612 left the mod to work on other things. Most of his work was finished by others and has been moved into the base game.

If you want you could try turning on and off modules and reporting back then I can update the MLF with warnings. Most errors will be XML and reported straight away. If no XML errors occur it is most likely safe.

Top Bottom