Modules - Resources

Hi there,

thank you for making BTS more complex, as I prefer more complicate games, I dislike that resource managment ... like : you have one coal and could built hundreds of Tanks with it ... so my wish would be, is there any mod, where resources could be stored and that you need some quantity to build buildings and units, if so, please include it.
Maybe to start easy, one mine is one piece of that resource per turn and you need at least one piece of that special resource to build something ... maybe at least "faster" or some nations would never build anything or so ... any chance to make that possible, so that at least it makes more sense of owning more resources of one type. I hope you could imagine, what I mean ?
Could this be possible ?

THX for your effort

Hi there,

thank you for making BTS more complex, as I prefer more complicate games, I dislike that resource managment ... like : you have one coal and could built hundreds of Tanks with it ... so my wish would be, is there any mod, where resources could be stored and that you need some quantity to build buildings and units, if so, please include it.
Maybe to start easy, one mine is one piece of that resource per turn and you need at least one piece of that special resource to build something ... maybe at least "faster" or some nations would never build anything or so ... any chance to make that possible, so that at least it makes more sense of owning more resources of one type. I hope you could imagine, what I mean ?
Could this be possible ?

THX for your effort

Do you mean a system similar to that of granary's and the storage of food?

Hi there,

Could this be possible ?

THX for your effort

I believe there are some mods already doing this....or talking about doing it. So you just need them to adopt the WoC Standard and then you will have it.

What I think would be good is to produce a ResourceBonusMod & a TechResourceBonusMod. The first one would be-for every multiple copy of a resource you possess, you get a 5% bonus to production, or food or commerce. The second one would work in an identical fashion to the first, except that certain techs would boost the production bonus granted by having multiple copies of the resource-or grant a wholly new bonus.

Here is a case in point. You have 1 source of oil but, if you get 2, then you get a +5% bonus to production in all cities which have access to that oil. If you have 3 then you get a +10% production bonus.

Then, when you get a tech like Automobile, you get +5% Commerce per Oil resource (to represent increased road transportation).

Obviously, a 3rd possibility is BuildingResourceBonusMod-which kind of speaks for itself.

Aussie_Lurker.

I read in the documentation somewhere that you expanded the TGA to handle FAR mroe religions and Resources. Precisely how does one increase the size properly to handle this? I had at first imagined you placed everything for a single category on a line alone, but Religions & Corporations still share a line, and Resources still span 2 lines...

Also wondering where I would have to move the smiley faces to for the BUG MOD's Scores with Opinions visible thingy, but I can puzzle that one out myself later on. For now I would just like to add a couple dozen resources.

Here's a possibility. We know that corporations grant certain bonuses according to how many of specific resources you have. Well would it be possible to do something similar for resources in general. With various bonuses being unlocked with various techs.

So, as an example: Each source of gold you have in your trade network grants you-initially-+1 culture. When you get currency, each one grants you +0.5 gold.

Each Coal you have might give you +0.5 Commerce when you first discover it, but will also grant you +1 Production and +1 Commerce with the advent of Electricity.

Uranium gives you +1 Production per source, but will also grant you +0.5 Beakers with the advent of Fission.

If its possible, though, it would be good if the bonus you get could be tied to the number of cities you have. i.e. the smaller your empire, the bigger the bonus you get from fewer cities. This might further improve the "bigger isn't always better" philosophy of Civ4. Don't know how easy this last part might be to implement.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Aussie_Lurker.

Hello!

Not a bad idea; one of my current occupations within WoC has to do with modifying how resources work (adding the possibility to specify a capacity and output per turn), but I hadn't thought about a modification you were suggesting here yet.

It is possible to add such an ability to resources (additional yields/commerce, modifiers for technologies); since that idea is not that bad, I could take a look at estimating the necessary SDK modifications. Provide me with a modified XML schema and/or testing data, if you like, then I could give this a try.

Regards,
Fabian Aichele

Here's a possibility. We know that corporations grant certain bonuses according to how many of specific resources you have. Well would it be possible to do something similar for resources in general. With various bonuses being unlocked with various techs.

So, as an example: Each source of gold you have in your trade network grants you-initially-+1 culture. When you get currency, each one grants you +0.5 gold.

Each Coal you have might give you +0.5 Commerce when you first discover it, but will also grant you +1 Production and +1 Commerce with the advent of Electricity.

Uranium gives you +1 Production per source, but will also grant you +0.5 Beakers with the advent of Fission.

If its possible, though, it would be good if the bonus you get could be tied to the number of cities you have. i.e. the smaller your empire, the bigger the bonus you get from fewer cities. This might further improve the "bigger isn't always better" philosophy of Civ4. Don't know how easy this last part might be to implement.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Aussie_Lurker.

In my current game, my uranium resource is not acknowledged even though it is adjacent to my capital with a mine and railroad om it. Has anyone seen this bug before?

Since Civ II (I think that was the game) I have missed the ability to give excess food of one city to another through trade or otherwise. This is real life and would give one a reason to maintain some of the cities as an ag producer rather that convert all the tiles into towns. Just an idea.

Since Civ II (I think that was the game) I have missed the ability to give excess food of one city to another through trade or otherwise. This is real life and would give one a reason to maintain some of the cities as an ag producer rather that convert all the tiles into towns. Just an idea.

Hmm.. are the Corporations not enough for you? It's reasonable to lack the ability to transport food until then, without refrigeration and what-have-you.

Hmm.. are the Corporations not enough for you? It's reasonable to lack the ability to transport food until then, without refrigeration and what-have-you.

Jeez, again I feel stupid. I obvious don't know this game well enough (played alot of Visa Warlords). No wonder I get my head handed to me on a plate every game. Should learn to learn before commenting.

First off you guys are brilliant. aside from that would you like a refinery improvment for your natural gas bonus i have one thats almost finished?

I don't have any civilopedia entries i added the improvment the the file you already had and the artwork as well. It came from the Civ++ mod i just converted it when i got WOC.

Attachments

• Natural Gas.rar
    180.6 KB · Views: 71
Anytime. If you guys needany help just let me know i can work both the xml and C++ though thats a little rusty.

Why is Cloth a ressource??? :confused:
i'm doing the traduction of the ressoruces modules for French (and Spanish if needed) and i'm having a big problme with the ressoruce "cloth"... how to traduce it?? and why it is here??

someone have ever found a cloth in nature???? walking in forest or in a mountain???:crazyeye:
as far as i know, cloth is made of coton, wool, or another naturals fibbers (or nowadays syntetics fibers)

well... i know i could simply not use it... but, i wanted to give my opinion, or maybe try to get an explanation in order to traduce it for my French & Spanish friends who wouldn't mind using it in their worldmaps...

Top Bottom