• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Modules - Resources

well, i still don't really understand.
Mostly cuz a word in English have 100 000 meanings...

cloth.... in the game will be the ressource designing.... clothes??? what is ready to wear???

or i'd better understand it as "Textile"???
and that ressoruce would be the base of a commerce in Civ IV, as the silk commerce was from China in old times ???
or actual textile commerce with China/Filipina??

(If so, why call it cloth then??? and no Textile wich seems to be the right term for that concept....
see there: ")

i work a lot with wikipedia, because the descriptio nthey have fro mressources is perfect for the ingame descriptions of ressources/technologies....

can be nice, even if for me, it's more a "product" than a "ressource" and it woulb be unusefull if later are added ressources as silk or coton... (wich have more their place on a map than a cloth)

but, well, as we have this for now, let's do with this
can be a way to simplificate the game, and have only one ressource for all textile stuff instead of having cotton, silk and what can i be forgettin..
yep...

i carry on traducing...
:D

Still traducing ressources packs...

what is the matter of Timber???
ther's no forests yet in the game.... taht should be meant to give wood for buildings and industry (threw production points?)

what is the improvment "lumber" mean??
what is it, what it is made for??
:confused:

lumber is again 3-4 French/Spanish meanings in a time...

If i think good, tehn we have a new ressource wich is "wood" (timber) (quality timber? exotic timber? what make it particular eand justify to trade it!?) and for exploite that ressource we will need to build on it a "lumber" then??

so lumber is.... a place to store that wood, cut it, prepare it and turn it into a timber ready for constructing??

thanks for precisions...

Hi, I'm in the process of making a mod for Civ 4: Colonization, and I was wondering if I could use the graphics from your timber resource in it. I'd make sure to credit the WoC team and provide a link to wherever you guys like both in the readme and the download page.

I of course won't do it unless you're completely okay with it, though.

Hi Guys,

Am playing with the first 4 resource packs installed. Tin just isn't very popular is it? Nobody wants to trade it with me! I am guessing this is because unlike the other metal resources it offers no benefit in terms of happiness bestowed or the capacity to build certain military units. I can't recall exactly but I think sulphur may be in the same boat. Really I think that in order for them to function as resources for trade then they need to carry some benefit beyond what you get in terms of city production.

Just a suggestion but since you do need both tin and copper to make bronze one would suppose that connecting it to bronze working in some way would be best. Perhaps you should need both copper and bronze to make axemen? More realistic perhaps is to give an axeman production bonus of say 25% to civs that possess both bronze and tin. An even simpler fix may be to allow a promotion such as strength 1 to all bronze working units constructed by a civ in possession of both resources.

Imperium30

RockinRoger,

Thanks for the swift reply on Tin. I would just like to add that I love all your new resources (except maybe cloth). However they do tend to make the city screen a little cramped and disorganized looking. This is particularly true of the luxury resources colum which generates a scroll down bar that does not work. I wonder if it would be possible to scale down the size of the icons involved or add another colum to accommodate the extra luxury resources?

Many thanks in advance.

Imperium30

I think that it can be useful to divide cloth to cotton, flax, jute, hemp. Cotton and hemp can be placed in arid zone, flax in boreal, jute in tropical. Or create new building which use silk, cotton, wool (sheep) and etc. And timber... In my opinion it is interesting to distinguish three types of forest: conifer (0/1/0), broadleaf (0/1/0), sclerophyll (0/1/1). In only conifer forest new improvement is advanced sawmill or paper industrial complex (why not?), which produce more hammer. And please don't forget about tea!!!
Spoiler :
Besides resources it's necessary to expand features. I offer to add marsh (-2/-2/-2), shrub (1/0/0) and in coast coral (0/0/1), mangrove forest (-1/0/0), kelp forest(1/0/0). Jungle and mangrove forest add +2:) with preserve. Kelp forest adds food with marine complex. About three types of forest I have written above. Probably It make sense to divide jungle and marshes into two classes but only in visual. And add volcano.

Top Bottom