Money Laundering Tip...lol (pre patch)

vintageKY

Chieftain
I had a builder with only 1 build left. I sold the builder back using the little minus sign next to the skull. Click the skull and it will ask you if you would like to remove the "?" from the game. Each unit you sell will give you a different gold amount some are extremely large. You can use the policies cards I would image to really save some coinage and make some gold with the discounts if you really wanted to...

Going back to my builder. I sold the builder for $162 gold. Produced the builder again in 4 turns with my first city. This makes the builder basically 1/2 price.

I wonder how much gold you would get from one of the great persons?

I usually play the trading/economy strategy in civVI so this is right up my alley.

You must not be playing with the Fall patch. In the Fall patch, you no longer receive gold from disbanding units (military or civilian).

Steam should automatically install the patch. If it has not, you can revalidate your game files. If you are playing the Mac version, the Fall patch is also now available for the Mac.

The savings from selling a builder after using 2/3 charges are actually a lot less than you might imagine. It does reduce the cost of builder-charges to 75% normal, but it is at the cost of having to buy a lot more builders and ramping up their future price.

Well, it got more worth it the more builder charges you got (Pyramids, feudalism...), but it only provided a minor acceleration to development in the early game.

It did however give you a useful way to convert Production into Gold at a very efficient rate, which you could then use to pay for unit-upgrades (which are far cheaper than buying a new modern unit), and so you could accelerate your development that way. I payed for a slinger->archer rush by selling 1-charge builders like this.

Essentially it was a good way to get gold, but not necessarily a brokenly powerful way to get extra builder-charges.

Top Bottom