Monitor dies

Ribannah

Fighter Druid
It did not happen with the initial release, it happened occasionally in a longish session of 1.09, but then it would reset, and now it happens after a few turns on a tiny map: my IIyama 19" monitor shuts itself off, and all I can do is reboot the entire system.

Great. :rolleyes:

Before I got my present TFT monitor I had a couple of Iiyama ones (CRT monitors) and had a similar problem, most irritating! I think they just go into a protective standby mode, especially if you tinker with any of the settings and get something wrong. That's my experience, anyway.

I would strongly suggest you check out your monitor driver, graphics card driver and all graphical settings, just to make sure you have the correct resolution and refresh rates etc. and check for any updates. This game may be pushing your hardware to the limit. It's worth a second look, anyway, before you go blaming the game for a monitor problem.

HTH.

Did all that, of course. Everything is up-to-date and correct.
Fact is, that the monitor was built years before Civ4, nothing can help that.
But, before the patches this problem did not occur.

Hmmm. I guessed you might have done that already. At the risk of stating the obvious, have you checked the cables and connections too? Maybe something is/has worked a little loose and might account for the intermitent problem.

Other than that I have no further ideas, sorry, I'm not a techie.

Of course, your monitor may have hit its end. I've gone through about 8. I don't think I have had one last much longer than 4 years (with 3 days after the warranty expired being the lowest).

I don't think it's your monitor shutting off, I think it's the game crapping out. Are you using an ATI video card?

That's exactly the same for me !
I tried with two different monitors, and the problem is still here, it goes on standby mode, even with all drivers update!
I use an ATI X550 256MO, all the games are running very well but not civilization...

I have the same problem. I'm using a Radeon 9700 Pro. My card has been enduring a slow death over the past year. I'm going to go blow about $80 and get an Nvidiea 5500 to get this game to work.

Top Bottom