Monthly competitions submission thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that you can submit one piece of work and it is entered into both competitions.

Exactly, that was the idea... ;) One file, two competitions...

Ah, sorry for the mis-interpretation... I won't make the same mistake in the future.

Flamand, I just noticed something: Ogedei's Entry (Rin's Travel Agency) was released in January, so it should only be eligible for the themed competition... Unless you're making some kind of exception for him since he released it near the end of January.

My entry was for the themed competition. I thought there were two competitions. :confused:

My entry was for the themed competition. I thought there were two competitions. :confused:

Yeah, but if you want to enter something into the themed competition, you're supposed to say so... At least according to Flamand.... Anything you enter into the themed competition will also be entered into the month it was created's regular monthly competition (provided it is entered before the entry deadline) as well.... Again this is what Flamand said.... Unless I've mis-interpreted again. :crazyeye:

Since I'm not very familiar with FF it's best to tell me... ;)

The themed competition is an extra, a stimulus to make files with a certain theme. The idea is that a file is submitted for the regular competitions, but, if it follows the set theme, it can be submitted for the themed competition as well. So no submissions for the themed competition alone, but you get two for the price of one... :D

Ok, but next time please stick to one preview per month please. :( Perhaps it's better to wait until the end of the month before you submit, so you can make up your mind better...

I'll make a new rule: no changing entries or previews after submitting.

Why are we not allowed to change? If someone makes a file on the 2nd and then makes the best civ3 file ever on the 30th, this rule means the second file will never be allowed it!

Then that file could simply be entered for the next month. ;)

Why are we not allowed to change? If someone makes a file on the 2nd and then makes the best civ3 file ever on the 30th, this rule means the second file will never be allowed it!
I never said that you have to submit your file for the competition as soon as it is finished and posted. ;) It is better to think before you submit, which I think can only be done at the end of a month when you have an overview of everything you made in that month. Plus it saves me a bit of work... ;)

Since it usually takes me about a month to make a unit anyways, I won't have anything to worry about :p

My entry for this month's unit competition is the IAF's F-16A Netz:

download it here.

"Some" previews (Run - AttackA - AttackB - Death):

Sorry about the separate preview pics, for some reason, I could not concatenate these files.... :( :blush:

I combined your previews Topgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom