MOO1: Mrrshan Game

Harv

Emperor
Hello again, everybody! I just started a MOO1 Game at Hard Difficulty and Huge Galaxy with the Mrrshan, figuring this might be a good graduation exam.

Meet Bloody Mary - Supreme Leader of the Mrrshan Race!

I did not take any screen shots, but we started in the bottom right corner. I will call the coordinates (x,-y) 30,21 where the bottom right corner is at 36,32. Nearby stars are:

3 Systems at 4 Parsecs: Red, Green, White
3 Systems at 5 Parsecs: Green, Blue, Blue
5 Systems at 6 Parsecs: Yellow, Green, White, Blue, Blue

So the bad news is there is nothing within range of the Initial Colony Ship. The good news is we know this right at the start and we can scrap it immediately for 147BC!

So far I have played up to the year 2325, but will keep it in a spoiler in case somebody wants to see the initial file.

Spoiler :

2300: We sent the Scouts to explore the nearby Red and Green Systems designed a cheaper version of the Scout ship, called the Curiosity. We invested 49BC to bring the production in Fierias to 100BC even, building 3 of the Curiosity Scout ships and 6 new Factories.

The new scout ships will be sent to explore the other nearby systems. We will keep the fleet at this small level to keep maintenance at nil.

2303: The Scout ships have arrived at their destinations and revealed Arid 55 and a Minimal 50 worlds.

2304: Now that we know that Hydrogen Fuel Cells can be used as an option over Deuterium, we set aside 10 Research Points to open up 5 fields. We chose:

140RP - ECM 1 (No Choice)
1090RP - Waste 80 (thought it was a better investment than Tech 9)
310RP - Barren (chosen over Eco 3 because it is a cheap option)
310RP - Hydrogen (No Choice)
330RP - Hyper V (No Choice)

Hindsight says with the Mrrshan being terrible at Construction research, Tech 90 may have been a good cheap alternative to just climb the ladder. The Hydrogen Fuel Cells might limit the already stunted early growth and more early RP will be required it becomes necessary to build long-range Colony Ships.

Choosing Barren Colony Base over Ecology 3 looks like it would pay off immediately because the next turn, the Curiosity arrived at the White Star revealing a Barren 45 planet.

2305: With the research path settled, we go to work researching Hydrogen Fuel Cells.

2311: Our Scout ships arrived at Beta Ceti, with Ancient Artifacts. The scouts return with ECM 2 technology and the Computer technology level jumps to 6.

2313: We got our breakthrough in Hydrogen Fuel Cells and opened up Nuclear Engines, Irridium Fuel Cells, and Intertial Stabilizer. After a bit of thinking it through, we decided to pursue the Irridium Fuel Cells, noting that the only other path to Beta Ceti is a Colony Ship with Extended Fuel Cells.

2314: Now we designed the Darrian Colony Ship at 567BC. Darrian at 55 is the larger of the two prospective planets within range.

2318: We have scouted Guradas, Ocean 38/65 Population, and it is a Klackon colony. It is 7 Parsecs from Fierias and 5 Parsecs from Celtsi. We retreated our Scout Ship to Celtsi to stand guard. We will colonize Celtsi first to possibly give us more time to establish industry and defense when we meet the Klackon.

2321: The Darrian Colony ship is complete. We sent it to Celtsi as planned above. It will take 4 years to arrive. The exploration fleet needs to expand to keep the bugs out of as many systems as we can get away with, so we are building 7 more Curiosity Scout ships.

2324: The Colony ship has arrived and established a colony at Celtsi.

This did not put us in contact with the Klackon, so they do not have Deuterium Fuel Cells. It is possible that their scouts may have scanned Celtsi because we did not immediately build the second wave of Scout ships in an effort to save a few BC.

So in this start, I count 2 ouches and 2 breaks. Here is the situation at 2325:

Spoiler :

OUCH: No systems in range to build a second colony!
OUCH: The Klackons are right next door. Guradas is 7 Parsecs away and I think Kholdan is 8 Parsecs away.

BREAK: We found and Artifacts world. It will cost us an extra 2830RP to be able to colonize it.
BREAK. There are plenty of Barren worlds and we will develop the technology to colonize them.

The Klackon are incredibly productive, of course. We might catch a break and somehow manage to colonize around them. We might catch an ouch and they expand like crazy.

Systems:
Fierias 96/100 Population, 119 Factories
Celtsi 2/50 Population, 0 Factories

Technology:
Computers 6 - ECM2
Propulsion 3 - Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Currently working on ECM1 because it is very cheap and maybe we open a great technology. We will follow up with the other cheap technologies, Barren Colony Base and Hyper V Rockets.

I can put up a zip file with the Initial save and the 2323 saves with 24 hours if requested.

Sounds not so good, what's your plan, get range to attack the klackons next? Or are you going to try and colonize more first?

It was actually the first start I played where I had to scrap the Colony Ship at the start. I still have the saves. I might do well to post them up and see what advice people have to offer.

Eh don't worry about it, I just wondered if you were still playing it out. When I get a start like that I restart right away lol.

I think I am going to treat it like a banana. I will zip it up and save it for later.

Your Klackon game on huge-hard sounds like a nice diversion.

Top Bottom