1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MOO2: What is an optimal Guardian fleet

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Tristan_C, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Tristan_C

Tristan_C Chieftain

I had been trying something earlier with mounting a plasma web rather than a regular gun, but I do not like meddling in things I do not understand.

So, great. That design definitely works with some firepower to spare. Gauss isn't very efficient against the shield system so just use non-heavy disruptors and you can probably have the cheapest ship as well as the smallest.

For posterity's sake (apparently this thread comes up on google) we should also post some screenies of the emg ship designs...

2. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

Guardian_dd_min_2.png

Here is the Hunter. 9 of these should do the trick (8 is possible with some luck).
    Also need Tachyon Scanner at the minimum, tho Neutron Scanner is a more safe bet (+900 RP).
    Ion Drive is not needed really.

Guardian_dd_min_tech.png

Turn 96 here was from Average tech start, with 8! turns travel time ploughing trough a nebula.

3. civvver

civvver Chieftain

Sry I made a mistake, I used a destroyer. Frigate with no advanced techs couldn't hold much.

Anyway the main issue for me isn't usually killing orion, it's finding him in my large and huge galaxies.

Even when you kill him the weapon tech is mostly worthless because it doesn't miniaturize. Unless you want a huge doom star to take out flux shielded planets and death rays, it's not very good at fighting ships. Miniaturized shield piercing phasors are a lot better, or disruptors.

4. Denkt

Denkt Reader

In terms of research the cheapest build would be to use gyro destabilizer which is only at total of 900 research Points to get.

Gyro Destabilizer never miss and do damage directly to structure with damage being multiplied with ship size which make overall an effective low Tech weapon against the Guardian.

Simply build the cheapest smallest ship you can equip with Gyro Destabilizer, a destroyer with battlepods should be able to equip one.

5. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

You'll gonna need a LOT of destroyers to be able to pull this off. I am guessing around 60 of them. Also you gonna need a good combat speed, or half of the fleet will be out of range for most of the time.

6. civvver

civvver Chieftain

I'll try it and let you know.