• Corruptible

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Unscupulous

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Diabolical

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by H Tower
so do those principled people down load music from the internet? not so princlipled anymore, eh?:)

My principles are against the corrupt, cooperated and greedy DMCA :)

I think it would be interesting to have a seperate poll asking "What do you think most other people are?" and have the same option.

The University of California did an extensive poll a few years ago about people's stances on morality. The result, in general, was that people thought they were moral, they were more moral than they have been in the past, but they though most other people weren't as moral, and that other peoples morals were declining.

In summary, they thought there was a decline in morality, but it was everyone else that was the problem.

Originally posted by stormerne
Why do think altruism is the ideal? And why "of course"? As far as I'm concerned, it's an ideal, just one of many. It sounds like it's your ideal FL2, but it's not my ideal. I don't see how you can be so dictatorial about other people's ideals.
Are you implying that there is a philosophy that will better serve mankind than 'Be better to your neighbors than you are to yourself?' I'd like to hear it.

You cannot catch me out like that FL2! Or perhaps you yourself do not understand. Let me explain...

You're confusing the end with the means to that end. "Be better to your neighbors than you are to yourself' is not a philosophy. It's just a method or tool for enacting a philosophy. The philosophy it helps you enact is 'to serve mankind', and of course it is probably peerless as a technique to do that.

Service of mankind is one philosophy or ideal, one of very many. Naturally you espouse it. But I do not.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the forum, but I'll bite:

What is your philosophy?

Top Bottom