More Dumb AI Moves :)

MikeH

Prince
In my current Emperor game, I'm sharing a continent with the Ottomans and the Hittites and my suicide galleys have had no luck in contacting anyone else, but thanks to an explosive expansion phase I'm having no trouble keeping up in the tech race.

Anyhow, I'm the first to discover Education and immediately trade it to the Ottomans for Invention and some gold. The Hittites have the Great Library and will now get Education and Invention next turn, but is Mursalis willing to wait? No, he'd much rather give me all his gold and 26 gpt for Education. Unfortunately this left him so broke that I couldn't sell him Invention as well :) .

Don't the AI civs 'understand' the function of the Wonders they build?

Evidently not.

He may have wanted to get the universitys going. Science bonus + culture.

But you'd think he'd be a bit more patient.

I think putting in code for the AI to understand not to trade for education when they would get it and other techs for free next turn would have been a bit too much work with too little gain. Just think of it as a little compensation for you,the human player, as you don't get to make many of the crazy deals the AI makes between itself.

I have made similar deals too, MickeyH. And the AI has attempted to make that kind of deal with me. In one turn I was about to learn astronomy and America wanted to sell it to me for all my gold and 2gpt. I think the AI just thinks about this turn, not the next one that much.

AA-battery said:
In one turn I was about to learn astronomy and America wanted to sell it to me for all my gold and 2gpt. I think the AI just thinks about this turn, not the next one that much.

That, or they think us humans are stupid.

Doesn't, however, Education negate the effects of the great library? Then, wouldn't henot of gotten invention? i might be wrong.

It depends, because as soon as he gets Education, he can still get techs that turn. So if two civs knew Invention the same turn he was gifted Education, he'd get Invention. Remember, it expires at the end of that turn.

There's an exploit where you gift the GL city to a weaker civ, make contacts, turn off science, and build a large army. Take the city back after Nationalism or before RP, (or even after it, if you've got enough cavalry and arty) and take it back. Next turn, you rake in the techs for free.

Turner_727 said:
It depends, because as soon as he gets Education, he can still get techs that turn. So if two civs knew Invention the same turn he was gifted Education, he'd get Invention. Remember, it expires at the end of that turn.

There's an exploit where you gift the GL city to a weaker civ, make contacts, turn off science, and build a large army. Take the city back after Nationalism or before RP, (or even after it, if you've got enough cavalry and arty) and take it back. Next turn, you rake in the techs for free.

It's these little tid-bits we often forget.

Top Bottom