1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] More historical Game Modes coming in New frontier Pass

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

So for the historical modes which I definitely want are:
    Pandemic/plague mode. It can easily come with either the Byzantines or an Italian Civ.

There also seems to be an alternate economy game mode coming so maybe it will be tied into corporations, or monopolies on certain luxuries, goods.

There can also be a colonization/revolution game mode paired with Portugal.

As for fantasy who knows? I can actually see raging barbarian game mode and could possibly see them going with a Atilla meets Conan with the depiction of them, but nothing too out there.
    I'm not a big sci-fi fan so I don't think I would want anything futuristic.

darkace77450 likes this.
  2. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

I'd be thrilled to get plagues, corporations, and more robust colonization out of NFP. With those, the only thing missing would be ideological blocs to shake up the end game.

Elhoim, Haig, Myomoto and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arithmion

Arithmion Warlord

I agree. These are fun, and not necessarily designed to be highly balanced, competitive level gamemodes, especially Apocalypse. Creating something that is new and balanced and fun and at least semi-historical takes a lot more effort than adding a gamemode where you can trigger events that already occur naturally.

AsH2 likes this.
  4. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Prince

As the current Secret Societies can be viewed (narrowly) as an addition to Governors and Empire-wide Bonuses, I wish a historical game mode address/revisited the Governments. Currently there are lot of things about governments - especially the Tier-2 governments - that doesn't make sense even from a gameplay standpoint, let alone historical standpoint.

I would like to see a game mode which add another tier of government between tier-2 and tier-3, or at least some alternative governments. It's not like a civilization would stick to the exact same government from Medieval Era to Industrial Era - that's more than a thousand years - and suddenly change to an ideology-based government.

Elhoim and Myomoto like this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

What about England/Great Britain?

6. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Prince

Cromwell and William III would like to have a word here.

Also, besides the revolutions, don't forget how the Reform Act of 1832 and Parliament Act of 1911 changed the structure of power in the Parliament.

Uberfrog and Myomoto like this.
  7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Still you can switch to Monarchy first and then into a Merchant Republic in the Renaissance by having your own Glorious Revolution only lasting for about two eras. :)

8. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Prince

Yep, that's the case, although I always feel the position of Monarchy in the civic tree very absurd, and usually found myself went directly to Merchant Republic. IMHO an additional tier of governments for industrial era could add more flavor to late game.

Meluhhan and Myomoto like this.
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Considering Democracy is most likely based off of the founding of the U.S.A I don't see why that one can't be moved to the Industrial Era at least.

Myomoto and acluewithout like this.
  10. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

Alien invasion please !!! Imagine crashed UFOs gaining science

11. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Prince

My theory on this is that the release schedule was not supposed to have both fantastic elements of the game back to back. However, one of the early modes was some sort of disease/plague mechanic that would have been seemed insensitive in the current world so apocalypse mode was pushed to the front instead (perhaps why it’s less substantial than SS?)

Myomoto likes this.
  12. Haig

Haig Deity

Yeah I agree, for example A.Strenger wrote that next two modes will be historical "if everything goes smoothly" so I guess they release game modes in the order of being ready, bot necessarily in a planned order.

13. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

My most wanted would be new free cities mechanic, but at least give us pleague ... those have potential to change boring late game

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

What three (possibly) historical modes do you think we will get? Realistically I mean, from hints/leaks and so on.

15. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Something called 'alternative economy' was leaked in some game files after the Ethiopia update (with reference to a Vietnam and Kublai Khan pack as well).

It could hopefully be a more complicated global economic system with corporations? :dunno:

16. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I have always wanted an ideological alliance bloc, wherein all civs with the same tier-3 government automatically form an alliance and instantly gives a CB for war to other governments. This can simulate world wars. There should also be some competition in producing modern units (planes, tanks, subs) and nuke.

Economic sanctions should also be included in world congress, and those who votes in favor of a sanction should have a negative diplomatic impression from the targeted civ.
    Tariffs for trading of excess resources (bonus and luxury) to serve as gold sink (we all agree there is so much gold in this world)

Kjimmet, Kmart_Elvis and Victoria like this.
  17. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

This area people have appreciated in the past. If done well it would be something in the game to keep you playing “just one more era!”

18. Wyvern_Parade

Wyvern_Parade Warlord

I think something updating the economics in the game is fairly likely. This could mean corporations, a worldwide stock market, more in-dept trade systems, etc.

An ideology system in the later half of the game has been one of the most consistently requested features. This could also incorporate a deeper diplomacy overhaul with multilateral agreements or even a world congress update.

My bet for the third would be a colonization type game mode. (I believe they hinted that they weren't going to do a plague mode in the latest video, but someone correct me if this is wrong).

My most desired potential update would be an overhaul of population, neighborhoods, and amenities but I think that type of thing would be better dealt with in the off-month balance patches rather than a full game mode.

In any case, I'm enjoying the fantastical elements now so I'm sure more good stuff is on the way.

19. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Sure. But the really fun stuff is how the States within the same purported Ideology sometimes don’t get along or actively compete with each other (eg Russia and China’s complicated relationship) or indeed how sometimes States with different Ideologies cooperate for purely pragmatic reasons (WW2 is an excellent example).

After making an Alliance in Civ, I always make it a point to then completely destroy my Ally’s economy with any tools I have short of war (mainly spies). It’s the slow knife that cuts the deepest, apparently.

But yeah. Ideology. Trade. Corporations. Done well, that stuff would be very fun.

Meluhhan, Killer Rabbit and Myomoto like this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

If they did add in corporations to the game I think, instead of creating a whole new unit to go out and "spread" your corporation to other cities like religion already, it would be nice if you could use the already existing traders to do it instead and expand their role in the game.

Elhoim and acluewithout like this.