More lands vs loss of trade partner?

Vorret

Chieftain
Archipelago map.
I'm on a fairly large island with Saladin and Willem.

I built a military and eradicated them, took the continent to myself...
Problem, no more tech partner + lots of crappy cities that need development + tech slider below 30%.

Should I have kept a part of the continent , find other civs then attack?

Cuz when I finally found people a bunch of em had a crazy tech lead over me..
Mansa, Boudica (wtf?), Pericles, Zara, Isabella and another I can't remember.

So basicly, in the long run, is it better to keep at least one tech partner on that type of map where it can take many years to find someone else?

Usually land = win. You can catch up ultra quick after whipping courthouses, trading resources for gold once you have astro (which will also net powerful trade routes), and beelining techs to broker around. Once you're caught up, you'll race very, very far ahead.

a tech lead is only a problem if the other guy can make use of it by a even or better production set up (it might be possible to overwhelm the enemy with quantity rather than quality of units).

My advice would be to whip up some new construction and get some cities with cottages etc going for commerce & sciene. Let you original core cities handle any unit productions.

& play nice with others until you reach parity, then pummel them until they acknowledge your benevolent rule.

Vorret,

Whip a bunch of courthouses. Also build your Forbidden Palace National Wonder amongst the new cities. Even if you're not overseas, that building can help greatly.

The most important thing on an archipelago map is building the GLH.

The most important thing on an archipelago map is building the GLH.

Totally. I consider this wonder far more powerful than the pyramids because its gives you a passive bonus... so long as you have 4 coastal cities.

Top Bottom