More than 18 civs in vanilla?

Quintillus

Archiving Civ3 Content
Supporter
Is it possible? I know it would have to do with SDK or DLL modding, but I found a thread that allowed up to 77 - for Warlords or Beyond the Sword. I have neither at the moment, but would like to add a few more civs to a mod. Search didn't turn up anything for Vanilla.

While it occurs to me, is there a nice repository of vanilla mods around here? The Downloads Database doesn't sort them, and neither does the C&C forum, except the threads that indicate which they're for in the title. Which makes it rather difficult to find Vanilla-compatible mods.

I would just turn to trusty old Civ3 for my mod ideas, but it would be rather more historically accurate if I could use the event engine in Civ4 once in awhile. But fewer civs means less accuracy as well. And Warlords/BTS means less money. It's a lose-lose-lose situation.

It's not possible, Vanilla is limited to 18.

There aren't many mods for Vanilla anymore, or even for Warlords for that matter. And if it's not even mentioned, that means it's for BtS.

I think everyone agrees that search could be vastly more useful. It's really time consuming when it doesn't need to be, just like the downloads database. Sort of organized, but as you noticed, there's no way to do something simple like just list mods for Vanilla :/

Okay, I thought that might be the case. Maybe I should've just waited until Civ4Complete to buy Civ4 in the first place - that's the trouble with expansions - the initial release of the next version is never as good as the complete pack of the previous version!

Top Bottom