More than 8 Civs in multiplayer?

Verax

Chieftain
My friends and I have started playing Coop scenarios. (I just make a default scenario with locked alliances.) It has turned out to be awesome. It adds a whole new dimension to Civ for us. We are constantly at war with all the computer opponents, and they are likewise friendly toward each other, and always at war with us.

Right now we have 3 people vs 5 computers on Emperor level. There is another person that now wants to join in. I was wondering if there is any way around the 8 Civ limit in multiplayer so we can do a 4v6. I can't seem to find a way to do it. =(

I tried loading a single player game at turn 1 with 31 civs, but it kills all but 8 of them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Verax

If there's a way to do it, I don't know what it is. The only multi I ever play is hotseat, and even that limits to 8 players

Nope. It's a hard-coded limit. The reasoning is hardware. The more computers you have to send to, the more time it takes (not everyone will have cable and a ping of 20-50).

You're also going to have 23 extra civs that are going to send info to 3 players (everyone has to synchronize with the host). (imagine someone having a modem -- 23 * 250 ping.). The game would constantly lag out.

Nod, I just wish there were some way to do it for people like us running on a 100mb switch with good machines. It would take quite a bit to lag us I think.

Anyhow, thanks for your replies.

Verax

Top Bottom