More then 18 Civs in XML

Kushan

Warlord
Is it possible to have more then 18 civs in the XML files? I know the max for a scenerio is 18 civs, but is it possible to have more then that in XML? I am working on a Medieval mod, and I have idea for a few different scenerios, and I would like to be able to use a base "mod pack", and just change the factions for each scenerio, instead of copying everything for each individual scenerio.

thanks,

Kushan

Could any one fix it in this kit changing game dlls or in python - to create more civs than 18?

asioasioasio said:
Could any one fix it in this kit changing game dlls or in python - to create more civs than 18?
It is hardcoded in the exe file, so we'll have to wait until Warlords is released, maybe then the number of civs will be raised.

Ok, so we will wait...
It's one of the needed things - game would be more realistic - put more than 18 civs in scenarios

firaxis could give all the source code - it would be probably the most modable game in the world ;)

asioasioasio said:
firaxis could give all the source code - it would be probably the most modable game in the world ;)

It already is one of the most moddable games around. Anyway, if they released all of their code, what would stop you compiling it and getting the game for free?

Hehe, you're right :)

Perhaps they'll lost market in this situation...

Thanks for the reply.

Looking at it know it wont solve my problem as each of my scenerios will have different tech trees.

Thanks,

Kushan

My "mod" isnt so much a mod as it is a collection of scenerios.

Thanks for the link Craig_Sutter, that will save me alot of time.

Kushan

Is there a reason why the line below in CvDefines.h can't be changed and re-build the GameCoreDLL to increase the number of civs?

#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (18)

Top Bottom