More Trade Routes

SkippyT said:
I know I sound like a noob. I usually don't download Mods. But this time I liked your idea so much I had to. I've got a few questions for you

1. Does it work for Warlords?
2. How to play it?
3. In what folder should I put the "TradeRoutes2_2.zip" file? Should I unzip it or what?

Thanks ;) Really like your idea

1. Probably doesn't work for warlords.

2. After extracting files, start civ4. In main menu go to advanced, load a mod, and select trade routes. Or make a shortcut with target like this "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe mod= traderoutes", but change the path to whence you run the game if necessary.

3. Extract to your mods folder, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods. Change the path if necessary.

Seems to be an interesting mod, but I cannot get it to work probably. Installed and play it. However, I get a CTD whenever I reload a saved file.

Anyway to fixed this?

chopping forests adds hammers to treasury instead.
emphasizing avoid growth adds food to treasury instead.
improvements may grant (un)health, (un)happiness, commerce types (gold, research, culture).
improvements may add culture to plot for current owner.
high rise now +1 health, +1 happy, +2 gold, +2 research, +2 culture.
read partial global defines xml.
worldbuilder can set food, hammer in treasury.
worldbuilder city culture up to 1 million.
new divine culture level.
OCC cultural victory with divine culture.

Argpmait said:
Seems to be an interesting mod, but I cannot get it to work probably. Installed and play it. However, I get a CTD whenever I reload a saved file.

Anyway to fixed this?

i'll look into it

I downloaded your mod a couple of days ago and also have gotten an error message every time in try and load a saved game. Will try upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 to see if that helps at all.

No luck with 2.3, still get a C++ runtime error upon reload. I am running with the 1.61 patch and do not have warlords installed.

it has to do with pStream->Writing wrongly into addresses, eg &m_iCurrAirlift.

edit: fix is uploaded. SDK also updated.

The mod works fine for me, and I like the additional options it gives me.

Enemy with negative gold won by Commercial Victory.

I just downloaded your updated mod and was enjoying it tremendously, when all of a sudden, in 900BC, my impoverish enemy won the commercial victory with 1065353236 gold (and commercial victory only need 30000 gold). I have the screen bitmap and the save files, but do not know how to link it via http://

hello there
......i keep crashing with 'transcontinental railway' and also 'mother of all airports' - am using latest 'trade mod' and civ 1.61 - crashes out completely whether i buy or let them run x amount of turns - any help would be appreciated - cheers/sean sutherland

Hi,
I have experienced commertial victory of AI controled nation. On F8 Victories screen I can see the huge amount of money on account of that oponent.
Another strange thing was that at one turn my capital got more then billion points for happines due to "we enjoy I dont know what...", and on the next turn it has disapeared. I am disappointed with this result. BUt however this mod looks promising.
PL.

Hey, Chinese American I have to say that this mod looks very intriguing. Can I ask, though, have you found a way-via the SDK-to make trade routes effect commerces? i.e. Gold, Culture and Science? If yes then that would be fantastic and-more to the point-can you tell me how to do it. I have added a TradeModifier under CvCommerceInfo, and made similar alterations to CvPlayer and CvCity-but to no avail :(.

Aussie_Lurker.

hey, how did you make it so that you could store food/hammers and borrow them. is that in the XML or Python files?

Caravanserai is not a wonder. There are some thousands of Seljuk Caravanserais in Turkey alone.

Caravanserai is not a wonder. There are some thousands of Seljuk Caravanserais in Turkey alone.

You're probably right. It just makes gameplay more interesting. Just like how every city can have a financial district like Wall Street or a Red Cross center.

Hey, Chinese American I have to say that this mod looks very intriguing. Can I ask, though, have you found a way-via the SDK-to make trade routes effect commerces? i.e. Gold, Culture and Science? If yes then that would be fantastic and-more to the point-can you tell me how to do it. I have added a TradeModifier under CvCommerceInfo, and made similar alterations to CvPlayer and CvCity-but to no avail :(.

Aussie_Lurker.

I haven't looked at the code, played the game, or visited these forums in months, so forgive me if I have only a slight clue of what you're asking. I'll get back to you after I dig through some research.

hey, how did you make it so that you could store food/hammers and borrow them. is that in the XML or Python files?

I added a bunch of original code into the SDK, which I provided the link for in the first post if you're interested.

Aussie_Lurker.

Basically the trade bonuses are handled by functions that have TradeYield in their names, such as SetTradeYield and GetTradeYield. So you would create similar functions for commerce, eg SetTradeCommerce. Then search through all the files for "TradeYield" and see if you need to include code for the corresponding Commerce function.

Don't forget to also modify the python interface files so you can tell if the trade commerce are actually taking effect for the cities.

If you need anything more specific, I'll try to help.

I'll check if it works with Warloards, I'll report back later.

Edit: As expected, it does not work with Warloards. If you can make it work with Warloards, that would be great. It'd also be nice if you could merge it with this mod. They would work nicely together I feel.

I haven't Warlords. I put up the SDK so you should be able to convert this to Warlords and even merge with other mods.

Sounds like a great mod. I had the ambition to create something like this myself however there is no need for it anymore :)

Do trade routes give you extra money too? Most of the time in vanilla you just get about 2, 3 or 4 gold form trade routes.

Top Bottom