adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
We are happy to announce that our long one year journey has ended and we finished our great mod:
More Unique Components for VP
aka
3rd and 4th Unique Component for VP.

It is fully compatible with latest VP (4-20).

We want to invite you to test it out! For further information please look into links in my signature or check mods repository for VP.
Enjoy! :trophy:

Congratulations and a big thanks to all of you for the hard work you've done to help us enjoy this game even more!

How does power inflation influence game end time? I'm going to try it, but curious what your testing has shown.

No one has reported a significant shortening of game times. Yet. In general the 4UC mod adds a fair amount of culture, but there is relatively little additional science. Cultural victory has been slowed down considerably as a result.

There are 3 civs with ultra late UCs which are intentionally given game-enders. Korean Chaebol is an overwhelming yields snowball, Japan's battleship has immense steroids, Brazil's infantry make a tourism bomb on kills. I haven't actually heard back from anyone re: late game with any of these civs

More UCs means power spikes aren't as big, and are more spread out. This shifts the meta more towards defense. Militaristic civs have a lot of UC overlap to compensate for this (Sweden, Songhai, Zulu, Russia, Rome, Huns, Denmark). Time will tell if it's enough to counter stagnation.

Players have reported that Zulu is breaking the game currently, but he's doing that in base VP anyways, so we aren't sure if it's us.

There's more 2nd-tier faith civs now (Zulu, Carthage, Germany, Polynesia, Songhai). The kind that won't win a faith game, but are all at least nipping at the heals of slow faith starters like India and Maya.

4UC did not shy away from making components at least as powerful as base VP assets, unlike EE which consciously made underpowered buildings to offset inflation. This is one reason why I'm skeptical of using both mods together. Heaven forbid you add E&D on top of that as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom