more wonders in New Frontier Pass?

more wounders in New Frontier Pass?

• Yay

Votes: 70 95.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
I would like them to not concentrate on the same civs for world wonders.
Earth is big and there are (were) loads of iconic buildings/Structures in the world that deserve to be represented.
Not every civ can have a wonder to represent them but at least they could try to diversify. I really like wonders like Jebel Barkal, The University of Sankore and Országház for example.
A few random examples from around the world like:
Spoiler Pictures and examples :
Old Samarkand (Uzbekistan), with the Bibi-Khanym Mosque
Sigiriya (Sri Lanka)
Shwedagon Pagode (Burma)
Borobodur (Indonesia)
Or even the Amsterdam Canal District

But there are loads around and I really like to see as many cultures/civs represented in game.

Personally I'd like see the Mezquita-Catedral in Córdoba or Seville Cathedral (with la Giralda) with a bonus based around conversion. My initial thoughts would be culture from converting cities, bonus culture in cities with a religious building different to the founders or a production bonus in cities of a different religion to yours (much of Spain's architecture from the time was built by artisans forcefully converted from Islam and Judaism). I understand there are already 2 Spanish wonders but the CdC isn't that wonderous in real life and the Alhambra isn't associated as much with the Spanish people as much as the Moors (Spanish people can't decide how much they see themselves as part of their legacy).

I also recognise the high level of Eurocentrism in Civ, and would love to see more Asian wonders as many of the more obvious ones for inclusion haven't been added yet. Itsukushima shrine could be placed on water adjacent to a Holy Site and give a faith bonus to small islands or volcanic soil perhaps. Taipei 101 could provide immunity to hurricanes and some kind of loyalty bonus to reflect Taiwan's independence from China (if this would be permissible). Darbar Sahib (the Golden Temple in Amritsar) would look great on a lake, but I feel that the food bonuses on the Gudwara already represent the langar very well and I don't know how powerful that kind of bonus would be later on in the game. One possibility would be a greater religious loyalty pressure mechanic based on the moves to form an independent Punjab or some kind of bonus food and amenities from religious minorities reflecting the minority status of Sikhs.

Top Bottom