more wounders in New Frontier Pass?

• Yay

Votes: 70 95.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
should there be more wounders in NFP?
If so what kind?
I for one thought about Cheomseongdae as new wounded. ( yes I know it is already a name for Seondok's agenda.)
It can be built on campus with library and it can give +1 science to farms and plantation on that city.

I'd like to see adjustments to some wonders already in the game before seeing new wonders, personally. I wouldn't be upset if they added new ones (I'm sure there will be a few coming over the next few months), but I'm not sure we need more.

Actually now that I think about it I wouldn't mind some crazy future era wonders being added. I'm probably the only one, though.

I'd like to see adjustments to some wonders already in the game before seeing new wonders, personally. I wouldn't be upset if they added new ones (I'm sure there will be a few coming over the next few months), but I'm not sure we need more.

Actually now that I think about it I wouldn't mind some crazy future era wonders being added. I'm probably the only one, though.
I just find that compared to civ 5 there is serious lack of wonders in civ 6. I wish there was much wonders in Civ 6 as in civ 5

Surprised Gathering Storm didn't introduce a dam wonder. Being close to Hoover I'm partial to Hoover Dam, but lately the series goes with 3 Gorges Dam. But I think I would prefer the Modern era Hoover over information era 3 Gorges. Late game wonders such as that have little impact.

I agree more "modern" wonders, especially atomic era.
+1 to hoover dam.
I'd like to see Empire State Building as a possible wonder. Neuschwanstein castle could be an industrial era wonder.

If/when Babylon is released a a civ, Ishtar Gates could be a fun wonder. (although we already have plenty of ancient era wonders).

I do hope we'll get Statue of Zeus and some European classics like the Sistine Chapel, Leaning Tower of Pisa and Notre Dame too.
The Sistine Chapel is already a Great Work of Art though, well the ceiling painting at least. I guess they could do the building as a separate wonder.

I hope for the return of the statue of Zeus, but as a citybuilder as opposed to warmonger, I don't know what bonus it should bring; other then maybe granting you 1 of every land unit you've reserached for free without a maintance cost (Similar to the Civ6 Terracotta Warriors/Army).

Otherwise I personally would like to see maybe the return of some more Government Plaza wonders; perhaps "Vauxhall Cross", "Sistine Chaple" could join the Casa de Contraction as wonders that require you to build next to the Government Plaza with either the Intelgence Agency, Grandmaster's Chaple and Foeigin Ministry respectively, giving you a further bonus towards spies, faith, and then the existing cross-continents bonus.

Going further, you could have the return of Prora for Civs in the Facisim government; eliminating any penalty for tourism from different governments (whilst you are in facism) and giving you amenities based on how many seaside resorts you own.
Statue of Liberty would of course be best locked behind Democracy, with the cities within 6 tiles are 100% loyal to you only in effect when you're in Democarcy.
And for Comunism you could have the Berlin Wall (not sure how you would do that) that prevents religious or civilian units entering it's boarders whilst in Communism and then a boost that will last beyond the T3 government. If the Berlin Wall it too difficult to depict on a single tile, maybe the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum would look better?

How did they handle Civ 5? They had Mona Lisa instead right?

Nah, Michelangelo produces God Creating Adam. The Sistine Chapel has two Art slots, so you can put it in there if you want.

Frankly it makes as much sense as a Great Work of Art... the ceiling is pretty much the only thing about the chapel that qualifies it as a wonder.

St Peter’s Basilica is a better choice for another Christian wonder (or Notre Dame...)

I hope for the return of the statue of Zeus, but as a citybuilder as opposed to warmonger, I don't know what bonus it should bring; other then maybe granting you 1 of every land unit you've reserached for free without a maintance cost (Similar to the Civ6 Terracotta Warriors/Army).
Since you already throw down lightning bolts for religious combat I was thinking it could grant you extra combat strength when fighting other units of a different religion, both religious combat and military combat.

As an avid wonder-builder, I'm always keen for more wonders. I think it's appalling we've made it through two expansions and still don't have any Gothic cathedral wonders in the game, not even Notre Dame de Paris. I'd also like to see more East Asian wonders like the Temple of Heaven, the Thousand Buddhas Grottoes, Himeji Castle, or Gyeongbokgung. I'd also like to see something from Central Asia like Po-i-Kalyan or Registan. I wouldn't mind a few more wonders to build in the late game, either. If some of Frank Lloyd Wright's work would be accessible without running into copyright issues, I'd be ecstatic as I'm a big fan of his work. Fallingwater is a personal favorite of mine, but the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church or Beth Sholom Congregation would really stand out on the map (and the latter would be our first synagogue wonder). The Chrysler Building would be another that would look lovely on the map. (I make no denial of adoring Art Deco, Mid Century Modern, and Googie. :p )

Nah, Michelangelo produces God Creating Adam. The Sistine Chapel has two Art slots, so you can put it in there if you want.

Frankly it makes as much sense as a Great Work of Art... the ceiling is pretty much the only thing about the chapel that qualifies it as a wonder.

St Peter’s Basilica is a better choice for another Christian wonder (or Notre Dame...)

Hi, would do you know where I hand in my art-fan card because I utterly mistook Michelangelo with Leonardo Da Vinci :cry:

Though I would argue that we need to see the return of Wonder themeing bonus, it was one of the more exsciting parts of Civ 5 BNW and I miss it everytime I realise Civ 5 has it (that and Civ 5's world congress).

As an avid wonder-builder, I'm always keen for more wonders. I think it's appalling we've made it through two expansions and still don't have any Gothic cathedral wonders in the game, not even Notre Dame de Paris.

I think Civ 6 has made a concious effort to move away from Euro-centricism. You gotta give it to them that a part from the handful staples we've seen really new faces in both the Civ, City State and Wonder departments.

We only have now what.. 5? 6? City States compared to many more in Civ 5.

And same applies to Wonders, we don't have many european wonders except Ancient Greek ones really, so while I do miss them I appreciate their efforts, because I remember a lot of people complaining about how euro-centric Civ can get.

I think Civ 6 has made a concious effort to move away from Euro-centricism.
I don't think it's Eurocentrism to acknowledge that Gothic architecture was one of the most important artistic and intellectual movements in history. If an excess of European wonders is a problem I'd have happily traded any one of the Hermitage, Bolshoi Ballet, Big Ben, Casa de Contratación, Oxford University, the Ruhr Valley, or the Venetian Arsenal for a Gothic cathedral, whether that's Notre Dame de Paris or a new entry.

I'm a big fan of wonders, so for me the more wonders they add the better. But right now, there are two wonders that I miss a lot and I consider blatant omissions: Statue of Zeus and Notre Dame. For me, the game doesn't feel complete without these two wonders. At least there's a great Notre Dame mod on Steam, but there's nothing done for the Statue of Zeus at the moment :undecide:.

Surprised Gathering Storm didn't introduce a dam wonder. Being close to Hoover I'm partial to Hoover Dam, but lately the series goes with 3 Gorges Dam.
+1 to hoover dam.

It might be my faint Dutch blood talking, but if we do a Dam World Wonder and we don't took a Dutch Wonder (and, more specifically, the Delta Plan), it would be a mistake. Heck, even Delta Plan was shown in the trailer. It would have been a great Wonder, protecting all your tiles in your empire from flooding.

For Notre-Dame, as a French who spent a lot of time in Paris, I always thought Notre-Dame de Paris was cool and neat, sure, but to qualify it as a Wonder... It's a long shot. We have many more beautiful and impressive gothic cathedrals to have to put Notre-Dame de Paris (also, you have to precise Notre-Dame because it means Our Lady and there is A LOT of churches called Our Lady of Something), and the cathedral has her Flower Window (don't remember the english term) for her but I think that's all. I mean, St Peter's Basilica would make more sense because 1) biggest church in the world and 2) center of Christianism, making it a true wonder by its size, its beauty and its historical meaning.

Top Bottom