1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

more wonders in New Frontier Pass?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kupe Navigator, Jun 26, 2020.

?

more wounders in New Frontier Pass?

1. Yay

70 vote(s)
    95.9%
  2. Nay

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Prince

It's a very good reason indeed. And I think, in this optic then, Potala Palace is more peaceful. I don't record hearing the Dalai Lama calling for a war, as fair or holy as it might be (in his eyes). Making him diplomatic is then very understantable (especially since it's the wonder that allows you to have one more diplomatic card).

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  2. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

I will continue my lobbing :D
    1. Walls of Dubrovnik:

unlocks with Mercenaries civic
    must be built on coast adjacent to Harbor.
    Grants medieval walls
    +3 culture
    +1 Trade route capacity. Trade Routes from this city are immune to being plunder on water.
    +1 appeal to all coastal titles after Conservation

2. Gardens by the Bay

unlocks with Conservation
    +2 Tourism +1 culture +1 science for each adjacent jungle title.
    Rainforest provide +1 appeal to adjacent titles

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Bibor and AvianBritish like this.
  3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That was my main point about how the Buddhism religion is usually seen as the most peaceful out of the world's religions, at least through a historical lens.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kings Landing in the game. :mischief:

4. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I've been to both of those!
    Not sure how you would do a walls wonder... just like the Berlin Wall. And coast doesn't get appeal, unless you mean tiles adjacent to coast get +1 more appeal?

But otherwise I would love Gardens by the Bay! But I think my suggestion for them earlier was better :p

5. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

yeap titles adjacent to coast get+1 appeal. It would boost seaside resorts a little and match pretty well with the Croatian Adriatic Coast theme (the most beautiful part of Europe for me).

AvianBritish likes this.
  6. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Prince

OK I didn't knew about Gardens by the Bay. It's astonishing, awesome... If we had to have something worthy of the word "wonders" as the Ancients used it, it would be this. Big, beautiful, elegant... They truly are the modern Hanging Gardens...

Why aren't they a wonder yet? It's outrageous!

AvianBritish and Uberfrog like this.
  7. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

That's true. Mix of nature and futurism is always 10/10 for me :D

8. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

Wonders that are clearly missing from everyone's wishlist:

Wonder Woman
    Stevie Wonder
    Wonder Bread
    Wonder, Nevada

9. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

How about Dubai International Airport?

10. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Regina Spektor as Great Musician confirmed? :mischief:

Deadly Dog likes this.
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Count me in for an airport wonder that actually provides tourism and international civilian travel.

sonicmyst and WillowBrook like this.
  12. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

If they implement Dubrovnik, it should be the whole old city core, plopped on a coastal tile, like the Venetian Arsenal.

I'd add an unusal effect: your traders can now trade with nations you have hostile relations (because that's what it was, exclusive contract (protection racket included) with the Ottomans, for the purpose of being a mediator between Ottomans & christian Europe).

Avenger237 and SammyKhalifa like this.
  13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I have never heard of it despite being traveling all over my state. To wikipedia I go.

Which reminds me. I made mention of this in an old thread about wonders near your hometown. Might be interesting to have a Las Vegas strip wonder. Hey, Broadway is in the game, why not the Las Vegas strip? Although I admit we are getting outshined by Macau lately, but I think they are still dead because of the coronavirus, and we are mostly open. And who knows what China will do with them in the future. Though I'm unsure what effects it would have other than a massive tourism boost.

Though something like that would be unlikely along with Hoover Dam I mentioned above because they are trying to move away from European and American wonders for a more spread out wonder distribution.

14. Zaarin

If we're going to have an airport wonder, LAX gets my vote, especially as it's the only Googie architecture I can think of that might count as a wonder.

15. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy The Gangster of Love

I'd love a few new and returning American Wonders such as the Gateway Arch, Mount Rushmore, the Pentagon, and the Space Needle.

16. Alexander's Hetaroi

I thought about the Gateway Arch but the only ability I could think of would be purchasing tiles cheaper since it's the "Gateway to the American West" but I don't think that's needed for a wonder so late.
    Mt. Rushmore I think would be perfect with Theodore Roosevelt in the game finally. It should be required to be built on a mountain in a national park and give the national park more appeal/tourism when completed.

Avenger237 likes this.
  17. Zaarin

The awkward moment when a civ at war with Teddy builds Mt. Rushmore. "Say, enemy of mine, I built a monument of you!" I guess it's in-character if it's Saladin. :lol:

18. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

That awkward moment when Cleopatra conquers Las Vegas sees the ripoff Sphinx and Pyramid :D

Buthera, racha, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  19. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

You earlier said you like art-deco architecture. How about this underdog for an airport wonder? Also since Canada (though this airport was built by Americans before Newfoundland was part of Canada) has neither a natural or world wonder yet in CIvV....

Summary of key features:
    • was largest airport in the world for a time, 1930's-40's.
    • on great circle between North America and Europe, hence was a refueling station for MOST transatlantic flights until the 60's
    • also key installation in WWII for getting supplies and troops to Europe
    • part of Operation Yellow Ribbon 9/11/2001 otherwise its importance has diminished significantly. Broadway musical about this story.
    • apparently is a rare example of art deco styles in airports that hasn't been renovated or remodeled.

Abilities: Lets you store +3 aircraft at all airports. This city's airport can airlift units without the Rapid Deployment civic (both send + receive). +3 Tourism and +1 tourism to all buildings generating tourism in this city. Or something along those lines.

sonicmyst, The Civs 6 and Zaarin like this.
  20. Zaarin

I still favor LAX for its distinctive Googie-style Theme Building, but that looks nice, too.