Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harun

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Caesar

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Gustav

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah...Alex...though this is mostly from G&K experiences...actually if he's going to be in the game I like him to be close enough to deal with him early. If I see one of his settlers I'll DOW...better that than have some crappy city in my face obstructing whatever my plans might have been.

But, as I say, this is mostly G&K experiences....he might be a bit different in BNW...

We'll see... :)

Oh and Spain...well, as Spain is/has been my favourite to play...again G&K experiences, I can see why Isabella might be annoying....

My general pattern has been to let my settler explore for maybe up to five or six turns before settling sometimes even longer if my warrior has found a wonder a few moves away from the settler.... This give a terrifc edge....Solomon's Mines give 12-production to Spain....and the 'Reef...what can I say...you just romp through the tech tree in the important early part of the game....both of these scenarios have happened for me....but not often....

though my experiences have been that the human player can almost always use a particular civ's abilities much better than the AI...

I'm surprised Maria Theresa isn't getting much hatred. She has the ability to ruin games with her stupid cs buying ability. I have a tendency to restart games if I find her within 30 turns but too far away to destroy early.

I detest Maria I of Portugal, with her snotty looks. I voted for Maria Theresa because she's usually a land grabbing whore.

Wow, I can't believe how high Hiawatha is here. If he's in my game its 90% chance BFF. I voted for Alex, Oda, Caesar and Wu. Wu is not usually a major threat, but I always find her meddling and manipulative.

Ramky didn't get a vote, but he gets honorable mention for being most the hypocritical leader. I can't count the number of times I've seen him warmongering, only to give me a bright red I HATE WARMONGERS malus for helping a friend fight off an invader.

I hate Dido the most. Her voice is annoying and you cant trust her.

Finding that hiawatha has become the run away civ on another continent.

When I see "an unknown civilization has lost its capital" in think "I hope that isn't Hiawatha doing that".

yeah Hiawatha is probably the worst civ when runaway'ed (many would say Greece). Siam (imo) used to be the worst ICS'er before BNW killed ICS. i've seen the Aztecs as really powerful runaways a couple times.

Shaka and Ghengis runaways on other continents somehow manage to implode or stagnate and kind of stop playing.

i hate (not fear) Indonesia the worst if i play for a CV and we meet, and he's immediately Hostile for the rest of the damn game because i built a wonder he wanted. that's okay, in a few decades i'll be sure to get your Nutmeg banned pal :cool: plus his Tourism i've found is incredibly difficult to beat down.

Pocatello is an incredible nuisance. Forward settles and then steals all the good tiles your capital hasn't expanded into yet. The bonus he gets to fighting in his own territory (i.e. just outside your borders) makes dealing with him a pain.

Hiawatha and his forward-settling city spam can go die. Ditto Washington, although he seems toned down a bit on that in BNW. Pocatello eats more tiles when he does it, but he doesn't do it as often.

Forward settling is ultimately a losing strategy for the AI.

It is a PITA but long run it means when war comes that I will have fortified units on my cultural territory that are within striking distance of a city. The AI usually suicide attacks my fortified border until he has no fight left, then gives me all his cities in a peace deal.

I am the only one who constantly fears meeting Pachacuti? Dude always seems to be in a better situation than me, and then of course he seems to be a regular military threat, especially after he has beaten out everyone else in our area.

As to hated, Isabella. Chica is never mi amigo, constantly hates me. I never did anything to you, jerk. (At least we all expect it from Alex. He's a ponce, but he's good at it, and supposed to be). She's all "I'm holier than thou, you're an ignorant, backwoods pig, not worthy of licking the scum off my lowest servant's boot".

As a wonder ho, I don't like running into Egypt or Askia. It seems like Rome has a knack for challenging me on this front as well. If I see any of them, I involuntarily wince a bit..

Oddly, I like seeing Shaka, Atilla, and Alexander, as the game is waaaaaay too peaceful right now.

I am the only one who constantly fears meeting Pachacuti? Dude always seems to be in a better situation than me, and then of course he seems to be a regular military threat, especially after he has beaten out everyone else in our area.

As to hated, Isabella. Chica is never mi amigo, constantly hates me. I never did anything to you, jerk. (At least we all expect it from Alex. He's a ponce, but he's good at it, and supposed to be). She's all "I'm holier than thou, you're an ignorant, backwoods pig, not worthy of licking the scum off my lowest servant's boot".
Those two must have the most terrifying request dialogue in the game.
INCANARUNAKANAKA
ESPERO QUE ESTE TRATO etc.

Pachacuti is a bloodthirsty expansionist monster who loves to be deceptively friendly. He's like a more capable version of Washington. Speaking of Washington I have only ever seen him grow powerful on foreign continents. If he's on my continent he will usually be destroyed regardless of whether I war with him or not.

I think I'm starting to hate Casimir. He loves going Honor and like Isabella spends the game launching ineffective periodic assaults with units from two eras ago. I think his biggest issue seems to be that he never has horses.

That guy from Polynesia who will cross oceans of time to settle in your face- despite him having half the universe to himself- is the one I most hate.

Shaka is my most feared.

Woooo Shaka!

Seriously that guy is the reason i lose games. Though partly it is my fault for not adapting strategy to deal with him.

Oh and let's not forget Mr.Denounce-on-turn-5 Alexander. He is a complete jerk every time i get him though the one time I was Persia and he was near me ended in me spamming Immortals as of their namesake and my archers firing so many arrows that his hoplites have to fight in the shade:lol:

Playing mostly on Emperor, my criteria for "most alarm bells going off" are basically as follows:
- Those who are standoffish, but not aggressive...
- ...who are difficult to bribe into backstabbing their allies...
- ...who tend to turtle...
- ...and also make lots of money or science

As scary as the mega war mongers are, they're also usually eager to war on other AIs via bribery, and getting them into world wars they can't win isn't too hard. Based on the criteria above, my biggest fears are an unchecked Harun al Rashid, Nebby, or Hiawatha. They don't tend to make enemies as easily as other AIs do and if I meet them on another continent after they've gone unchecked, conquering them is much more difficult.

Kamahamaha is situational. Running into him on a large map with a lot of oceans is highly annoying.

oda can be really anoying last time i played as france i was allied with shaka but oda spawned the continents with his cities concured the zulus and then me. and i had a really good cultural game going. :sad:

Top Bottom