Motherland hunts indian villages.

Footen

Chieftain
Motherland hunts indian villages instead of their rebellious colonies. (The player)

1. Declare independence.
2. Ask indian tribe to declare war against your motherland.
3. Watch motherland chase indian villages instead of you.

Description
When you ask indian tribes to declare war against your motherland, they dont simply join your fight, they become an equally valued target to your colonies. This makes your fight for independence harder since you have to chase down all the units that your motherland sends to different indian villages. Your motherland also captures indian villages and forms new colonies that you cant recapture and raze without angering the indians who believe its still their village.

Workaround
Dont ask indians and probably not the other european colonies to declare war on your motherland.

I think that falls under the category of calculated risk: do you ask for assistance from the Natives, knowing that doing so may make destroying all the troops harder, or do you not ask, and therefore have an easier time of finding the troops but a harder time of actually defeating them.

Motherlands priority should still be the player. I doubt motherlands are supposed to capture indian villages at all since the game bugs when they do.

I had a strange thing happen with them fighting the natives, they took over a Cherokee settlement and renamed it "London". Is that common? When ever I take a native city, it gets razed, even when they offer it to me.

Amerigo, that's common. I think what they actually do is raze is, which gives them a converted native, which they then settle b/c it happens to be a good place to settle. I can't be sure of the order of it, though.

Top Bottom