Mozilla Firebird

That's it people! I'm sick of your bloody whining about pop-ads and the like. The reason for your woes is Internet Explorer, the solution is downloading a browser like Opera or Netscape which block pop ups. While this would make the internet better it won't make it as great as it can be. ;)

You should, will and need to download Mozilla Firebird, quite literally the best internet browser available. :yeah:

"Why?" I hear you cry in a muffled voice from the chair I have you tied too. Well it's got more appealing features than the cast of Baywatch! It's packed with so many cool and useful things that you won't find in the IE monopoly.

"What features?" you say, the life draining from your beaten body. Well there features right here:

- Tabbed Browsing - Makes surfing the web faster, lonce you've tried it you can't live with out it. All you windows in one.
- Pop-Up Blocking - No unwanted pops ups... ever! And if you want a pop up just just click on the ! and unblock the website.
- Customizable Toolbarsand Themes - Yep, you can move everything anywhere you want and make it look like what ever you want. Just look at mine ;)
- Extension Management - While it has lots of features, Firebird is YOUR browser, download these plugins and add any feature you wish to it. :yeah:
- Better Search Features - There's a Google search bar and a page search bar. THAT IS VERY COOL. :p
- IT'S FREE

All of these features are explained much better and with fewer lives lost here. :cool:

So don't delay! Download Mozilla Firebird TODAY! :cooool:

I would suggest using this Installer for Windows, it makes the whole thing much easier.

I also used to be an Opera devotee, but Firebird is simply lighter, faster, and has a google searchbar. ;) It also has all the features of opera -- pop-up blocking, mouse gestures, tabs, and all that jazz.

Plus you can block not only pop-ups, but banner ads from certain servers; that is, you can block all images from places like doubleclick.net and the other ad clearinghouses. It's great.

I have Mozilla (not firebird), with a problem:
Israel is a country of idiots, so many important site aren't coded correctly and only display correctly in IE.

I have Firebird 0.7 for some time. Only bad thing about it is it doesn't show some pages correctly.

That is general problem with all non-IE browsers; cause some web designers didn't make sure that their page is optimized for Mozilla as well as IE.

Can somebody tell me which browser has more problems with showing pages in the correct manner, Opera or Mozilla Firebird?
While surfing I encounter quite some pages made for IE and they show wrong with Opera, is this problem bigger in Mozilla or not?
I might give it a try, although I love Opera. :)

Firebird and Netscape should be the same, and I used OPera for about months and i think it is worse. The rendering engine in Firebird and Netscape is the fastest available.

I'll try it for a while and see if it really has all the wonderful features as Opera...

EDIT:
Why doesn't anything happen when I press the link to extensions? Is the server down? And if so, why doesn't it say so?

Is there a way to move backwards and forwards using only the mouse buttons, and not having to move the mouse? (Right-click, Left-click and the reverse in opera)

How do I close a tab without using the Right-click menu? (Shift-Click on tab in Opera)

I'm just used to Opera.:)

Is there a spyware blocker that comes with Firebird? I can't find it, but Firebird is awesome!

Originally posted by funxus
I'll try it for a while and see if it really has all the wonderful features as Opera...

EDIT:
Why doesn't anything happen when I press the link to extensions? Is the server down? And if so, why doesn't it say so?

[1]Is there a way to move backwards and forwards using only the mouse buttons, and not having to move the mouse? (Right-click, Left-click and the reverse in opera)

[2]How do I close a tab without using the Right-click menu? (Shift-Click on tab in Opera)

I'm just used to Opera.:)

1. Right click menu. EDIT: actually, you have to move the mouse, or use the arrow keys to go up or down the right click menu. I don't see why you would need to do this though.
2. File -> Close Tab, or Ctrl.-W, or if you have one click on the tab with the middle scroller on your mouse

I love tabs!

Funxus:

1. There is a mouse gestures extension but you are right the server does appear down.

2. On the right of the tab bar there is an X on mine, it will close the currently visible tab.

After using mozilla on my computer for ages i came back to my parents one and used IE and hated it, not knowing why i got all the popups etc.

i also use firebird, it's better than opera for me (i don't even have to mention that horrible and disgusting thing called IE, do i?)

Top Bottom