1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MP Mod Manager

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Jaii der Herr, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Senntisten

Senntisten Chieftain

Hey, i downloaded the installer for the mod manager from the website in the original post, but the installer is failing, saying 'An error occurred attempting to install Civ5MpModManager'. I am connected to the internet when loading the installer. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Edit: Working now, tried it on a different day!

2. MaglithOran

MaglithOran Chieftain

I'm having this same issue.

been through the load orders a dozen times on both machines, mod lists a dozen times, settings a dozen times, nothing works. They all match perfectly, all mod versions are the same.

It always says he's using something that I'm not or visa versa, regardless of how well they match.

Any ideas for a fix?

3. Bahadur II

Bahadur II Chieftain

Is there going to be an update for sql mods?

4. mrlikelot

mrlikelot Chieftain

Hi, i have a problem with programm. If i launch it I have no button is active mods.

5. DFBATTLER

DFBATTLER Bob Saget

Hey Jaii, my issue is that the game takes too long to start and so the Mod Manager assumes that the application is dead and thus un-patches the files.

When I click Start, the Steam window comes up that says "Preparing to launch Sid Meier's Civilization V..." and this persists for about ten seconds, when after about five the Mod Manager restores the files to their un-patched state. Is a fix possible here? Thanks in advance

6. shellgamaing15

shellgamaing15 Chieftain

I just found this mod and love the idea of it. I was just wondering if it is still underdevelopment thanks.

7. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Chieftain

Hello Jaii der Herr
    I personally love your Mod Manager for multiplayer, me and my friend use it all the time in MP and currently we have a game with over 34 mods on.

And I have collected over 39 mods I personally like that works with the Mod Manager.
    However as much as I bloody love it, the non existing SQL support is really killing my back, there are some mods I am dying to play with in MP because I am an avid Civ IV fan, and Civ V felt stripped down even though a lot of the issues Civ IV had was fixed the simplification of the core elements made me really sad specially diplomacy which is really lacking in the game.

I was wondering if the mod is still in development or if you at least have a beta build I can test out for SQL, I really really want Civ IV diplomacy mod to work I want my vassal states.

Or if anyone else has a work around, I heard of people just injecting the mods directly into the DLC folder but the Mod Manager does that too so I just came to the conclusion it ain't working in the Mod Manager its pointless to inject it manually. Unless I am completely wrong of course

8. zmjhgvn

zmjhgvn Chieftain

Hello Jaii der Herr and the other active people in this thread.

When using "supported" custom civs in modded multiplayer via the mod manager me and my friends get an Erdogan full of loading screens every couple of turns (atleast every 30 turns) and after the loading finishes the custom units and buildings of every custom mod civ disappeard except for the ones of the hosts civ.
    It doesn't matter which custom civ or how many it just starts spamming loading screens.
    When we just use some gameplay changes and no custom civs we get 0 loading screens throughout the game.

Does anyone know how to either lower the frequency of the loading screens or best case scenario eliminate them completely?
    And did anyone else experience the custom building and units disappearance after a loading screen and now knows how to prevent them from vanishing?

Moderator Action: Swearing is against the rules
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. Darktrooper119

Darktrooper119 Chieftain

This is an incredibly useful tool. Hope to see it updated. Wondering if anyone knows how to make it work on a MAC. my friend doesn't have windows but id like to play non-vanilla with him.

10. Adam483

Adam483 Chieftain

Jaii der Herr,
    thank you for your great application!

I've had many gaming hours with it without fault, but would like to inform you one a recent glitch.

Upon clicking "Start Civ", recently, the program changes to the "Status" screen, adds the mods, displays "starting Civ", but then removes the mods and returns the game to it's original state, before the game launches.

I hope that you are able to fix this easy enough!

11. Hydrah2oh2o

Hydrah2oh2o Chieftain

So I got downloaded this and after trying to play with a friend, had some problems. The first time we tried and actually got through, it showed all leaders as Washington and when it got to the loading screen picture it was just black with some red and two pyramid icons. The first time the game just crashed after spawning us, but the second time it loaded but gave us this. http://imgur.com/a/bH0US Any help is greatly appreciated.

12. Musketmarine

Musketmarine Chieftain

The only problem i'm having is all music from the mods doesn't load ingame so it usually loops the menu theme, unless the mod has an ingame (not modded in, but available in the base game and it's expansions) soundtrack selected (Tested with my mod that uses the ingame audio from the Aztecs for the ambient themes)

Is this an intentional thing, or is it a bug?

13. Rayfireblast

Rayfireblast Chieftain

Hey Jaii, me and my friends have been using your amazing application for a while now. However, we recently encountered a huge problem that we haven't found a way to fix yet. Even when we use the EXACT same mods and load a multiplayer lobby up, it will say that one or more of us is missing 2 mods (randomly picked it seems) which we have. We've tried using a single mod, still does the same thing despite there being one mod active (repeats the mod twice in the alerts.) We've also attempted to delete and reinstall the manager. Any tips to fix this? (Note: We all have BNW)