MPP not an Option??? Help! Please!

tnvoltiger

Chieftain
This may be a stupid question but I need to know how to estabilish an embassy.
I am in the lead in this game (Americans) year 1770. My problem is while I have rubber I don't have oil. I want to attack another country to get oil and get a jump on everyone else but I am afraid that everyone will gang up on me unless I sign some MPP pacts. The only country that the game shows that as an option is France which I did sign one with. The game says to click on the capitol of the other country to establish an embassy. I click but nothing happens. I'm not at war with anyone yet so what gives? I can talk to the other rulers and see their capitol but no luck. I can't install the patch because the game wont' run when I do install it. Damn!
I want to start building tanks soon so I damn sure am going to need that oil but I don't want everyone else to catch up in technology.
Help!!!!

Are you *sure* you are doing the embassy thing right? Click on the icon on *your* capitol, not the foreign capitol. Then a list appears, with a price beside each civilization, which is gold needed for embassy. I'm very tired, my apologies if something is obvious or stupid or incoherent.

It worked. So why doesn't it say anywhere that it is your own capitol you need to click on? I knew I could depend on someone to help me!

Originally posted by tnvoltiger
It worked. So why doesn't it say anywhere that it is your own capitol you need to click on? I knew I could depend on someone to help me!
I had the same problem the first time I used spys cause its says "THEIR CAPITAL" and was kind of anoying. Untill I figured out that its wasent their capital OR my capital but my city with the spy center. :rolleyes:

Press [Control]-[E] and a list of countries to establish embassies with will pop up. However, it may not work prepatch. Don't know.

Top Bottom