Msav Reinvestigates French Doctrine

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
MSAV REINVESTIGATES FRENCH DOCTRINE

We have recently witnessed a one turnchat campaign against the Iroquois hopeless invasion, which cost them 60 % of their nation. We are now to investigate the top three doctrines for both the Northern and Southern Theatres. The Mustard Hills doctrines had overwhelming support, with the naval landing variety (Mustard Hills Tours de Force) and and capital conquest variety
(Mustard Hills Paris Hilton).

Black Squares, planned fortresses
Orange areas, firing ranges for Fortress Artillery
Grey, future railroad lines
Red Sector, Mustard Hills Tours de Force
Blue Sector, Mustard Hills Paris Hilton

I hope for a discussion on these doctrines, and what forces are needed to hold our territory, and to what extent what is needed to succeed in these two operational scenarios. This Military district (Zarnia and Kitakinu) is run by General Cyc, Northern Command Zojoji, and the people of Japanatica should give General cyc the operational capabilities to succeed in these doctrines.
If someone wants to change doctrine, please also consider which force composition you want to have. We have now compressed planned wars to last less than a turnchat, and war objectives should be reached by 10 turns or so. Please also consider the abysmal state of Kagemusha and grumpypuss, and the need to scale up these towns on this small but challenging border.

Personally, looking at the old "Defensible Borders" Doctrine, I'd say that the main objectives of a French War would be Dijon and perhaps Amines. Between the two cities, we could create a "Maginot Line" to protect the border.

And yet... France being third... makes me want to save France for a Big World War.

New Doctrine Added

SD3's The Mustard Hill "Maggot Corpse in Barbed-Wire Defense Line"
Amiens and Dijon, fortified with 5-6 fortresses.

By building a fortress and garrisoning on French borders IS asking for a war.

I propose we don't build these fortresses, but instead use the cities for defense. Given their growth rate once we irrigate, the cities will become very defensible due to massive population. Also, we should build our own railroads to Dijon and Tugela, if we capture these cities the RRs will provide quick access for reinforcements.

We will poll doctrines, I guess you Blackheart wants a pure defensive doctrine ?

No, I want one that doesn't provoke other nations. If we ARE playing an honorable game stationing troops right on the border isn't a way to do it. We should show our neighbors the same courtesy they show us and not snoop around there.

I say IF we do go to war then we should take the red triangle. And if the enemy wont surrender after this we can surround and bombard paris. (and we always have the option of taking it.)
So i say Dijon, tours and Ameins.

ok Nobody, I will add your revised doctrine as "Mustard Hills, Nobody Tours
in Paris"

I believe we should take a defensive posture and develop the area to a level which will aid us in a time of war. Roading and railing to Dijon and the Iron will do just that.

If war does enter the picture, I believe a land assault on Dijon with Cavalry and approaching Amiens with slower troops would be the way to go. Then the Cavs would head directly to Paris with a backup force taking out Tours when appropriate.

But that is only an "IF" to be prepared for. We need to concentrate on the defensive posture and development now.

i dont see why we cant fortifying our borders it is after all for defensive purposes

Just for the record, let me point out that France has shown zero aggression towards our nation, or any other nation for that matter, all Demogame. We are effectively planning a strategy against the Switzerland of our world.

Having said that, I would like to see a defensive doctrine developed for dealing with any French aggression. I see nothing wrong with establishing fortresses on our borders-- as long as they're on our side of the border we can build whatever we want. However, let me stress again that this is a pacifist nation we are scheming against. Let's not get carried away.

It's like a sleeping lion Ashburnham ;)

I'd like to point out that if we continuously garrison troops right on the border tile our relations with France will worsen.

Nobody said:
"Mustard Hills, Nobody Tours
in Paris"

If this is a joke it is beyond me.

Hmmm, remember that song, "Nobody walks in L.A." ?

I will poll the following doctrines based on existing proposals, I open for 24 hours to get last minute suggestions.

In the relevant order of extremes

Doctrine 1 "Nobodoy tours in Paris", Amiens, Dijon, tours and Paris, Mustard Hills GRAND
Doctrine 2 "Mustard Hills Tours de force" Amiens , Dijon and Tours
Doctrine 3. "Mustard Hills Paris Hilton" Amiens,Dijon and Paris
Doctrine 4 "Mustard Hills Maggot Line" Amiens and Dijon, to be fortified
Doctrine 5. "French Courage, Japanatican Tolerance" Purely defensive War
Doctrine 6. "Le Surrender" Let the French take one corrupted city
Abstain

As I stated earlier, I believe we should only concentrate on a defensive posture while developing the Northern area. An assault on France is not high on our list of priorities, but we should have a plan of action should Joan decide to attack. Rather than fight a totally defensive war if we are attacked, I believe we should expand our borders and take the cities we will need to compensate our damages.

cool names for the doctrines. what if
...........*wobbly wobbly*...... President: "Damn it the french just attacked us theres french knights pouring across the border"

Military Minister: "I will now iniate operation Le Surrender"....*wobbly wobbly*......

Cool names for operations i think i will go with "Nobodoy tours in Paris" but i did mean take the 3 citys then just use paris as a bargining chip. if they wont surrender squeeze it. Now i look like mr militaristic again. oh well im sure the french would surrender anyway (its in there nature) and Paris Hilton has nice ring to it

Top Bottom