1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Caledorn, May 31, 2012.

1. HitAnyKey

HitAnyKey Lunatic

Even bigger headplunge is that he let DaveShack get an easy kill on my warrior by not logging in for me. Bad Sub! :cry:

:hammer:

2. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I must be punished! :splat:

3. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Just a headsup - subbing in a game using this mod is difficult, as I had no idea when it was HitAnyKey's turn. I tried logging in once, and was promptly kicked out. So the time I managed to log in was more or less pure luck. That's why I asked if there was a way to see who's turn it is in the admin panel, as I found subbing here very difficult without any notifications via email or anything.

Just something to consider if anyone needs a sub. I doubt this will be a problem in the ISDG, as there are many turnplayers for each team, and the main email account can be set to forward to the active turnplayer when needed. It's more difficult to set a private email account to forward in a small game like this, for blatantly obvious reasons. :p

4. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

Hm?

Dont you get a "You can play now your turn 23 (BC-2620) at MTDG3 Double Move Test Game" in your inbox when your turn starts?

hmm.. i see.. Thats because you are not a co-leader .. so, do you want me to assign you as a playing leader? witch civ are you playing with?

5. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

theres no need of that. You can have as many users playing with one civ. All players assinged to a civ will recive its oun copy of all mails. and be able to access to portal and see the game detail.

You original leader should add you as a co-leader before leaving :D

6. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Ah, then we know that for another time if someone asks someone to sub! Thank you, Magno! :)

No need for adding me now as HitAnyKey is back and will play his turns himself now.

Edit: Can a coleader be removed again by the original leader of the civ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

7. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

you can set the start and end turn of his "co-leaderation"

there are some bugs reported about this that the ex co-leader still gets some mails even after his not more effectively a co-leader.. still working on that.

Attached Files:

8. Filon

Filon Chieftain

Kloreep had disappeared?

9. HitAnyKey

HitAnyKey Lunatic

I doubt it. He's only missed a single turn so far. That happens to all of us occasionally with such a short timer.
    Him and Inky are in a war it looks like. So he always has to wait for Inky to play his turn, so when Inky misses his turn (which has been happening a lot), then the turn takes a very long time to happen.

10. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Game is down for server updates. Possibly a few hours downtime due to the possibility of an incoming thunderstorm. Yay... :woohoo:

11. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Thunderstorm avoided.

However - I need to leave this game offline until I have gotten some help on how to properly host PB games using mods with the altroot parameter. As it is right now the PB client restarts when I have selected the mod, and in that process ignores the altroot parameter altogether, defaulting back to using the default folders of Civ4 BTS. I am sure you can all understand the difficulties in having two games running like that, with a mumbo-jumbo of savegames from two different games in the same folder.

I have discovered that PB does accept the mod="mod-folder" parameter, but I was unable to load the game properly when doing it that way. I have sent off a PM to someone who should be able to help me - but if any of you guys know how I can do this, then feel free to let me know and I will try.

For now, I deem the most important thing to do is get the ISDG up and running, so that is where I have to focus my efforts right now. I'm sure you all understand that and that you don't mind the possibility of this PB being offline for a few days in a worst case scenario. I will get this to work, so don't worry about the game being over, so just hang in there. ;)

12. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

at least we do this:

edit the civilization.ini file at line Port = 2056
    start pitboss n
    goto 10

:D

13. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Yeah, while that is annoying, I don't mind that too much. But when I am running 3 games, I need to know what savegames belong to what game without having to check civstats (which may not always be available...). Which will be difficult here as many of the same people are present in all 3 games...

I need the savegames to be stored in their respective game sub folders and not the my games folder. That is my primary concern. :)

14. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

I had done that coping the BTS folder for each pitboss.... that take a huge amount of space in disc. Leaving just to needed to run a pitboss, not the grafic part, its something like 1Gb per pitboss

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

But it would still use the My Games folder to save the games even if I did that, as it does not store the save games in the folder you run the Pitboss from?

16. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Does this match what you're trying to do (ignoring differences in the specific directory names) ?
    Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss.exe /ALTROOT=c:\misc\pitboss\apt "mod= webmod1_0\""

the extra "blackslash quote" at the end came from this thread btw

17. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I got the altroot/mod stuff sorted out thanks to DaveShack (by using what you have quoted) and Sommerswerd (by pointing out that something seemed fishy with the mod version, which was indeed correct - I had forgotten that I had copied the older version of mod into the altroot directory, so PB decided to use that obviously), so that's all good now :D Thanks guys!

This is related to the ISDG, but I am posting it here because I need Magno and Manolo to see this - sorry for hijacking the game thread :D:

When I start the game, I load the WorldBuilder Save (shortened to WBsave from here) that I have received from plako. I set the appropriate options for the game, but then I run into something that has never happened before as I press the finish button and the game starts. The Pitboss server starts the game, and proceeds to do the initial 4000BC savegame. What happens next is that the PB server gets a "Not responding" message and is grayed out. I checked the savegame folder, where I found the savegame file at a staggering size of 4.7 GB (!) and rising (boy am I glad I checked the savegame file and did not wait too long, as that would quickly have rendered my disk full which would have crashed the entire server). I have absolutely no clue what causes this, and nothing like this happens with the other Pitbosses.

I tested a few of the predelivered scenarios from Firaxis (like Africa and Europe) - and this happens consistently when I am setting up a "New Scenario" using APTMod. If I start a "New Game" (randomly generated map) with APTMod, this does not happen, and the initial savegame file is the standard size at below 100 KB. If I choose the WorldBuilder save I received from plako without APTMod loaded, the save file is also normal.

Another thing I noticed is that when the mod was loaded and I picked plako's WBsave, some of the leaders were showing as "Random" in the intial PB setup window (while the command prompt window showed the correct leaders). When I selected the same WBsave I got from plako without the mod loaded, the leaders showed correctly.

We need to figure out what is causing this ASAP, as we need to start the game. And I need your help guys! :)

18. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

That's very weird, I have never seen anything like it.

Does it work correctly without the altroot?

Disregard, it did not work for me either, using the mod version from the test game.

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Thank you for testing it even though I forgot to ask if someone would test it on a different rig. It seems pretty certain it's related to the mod then. Darn. :(

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

The ISDG problem has been solved! Yay!

On another note. I found a better way to do the Civstats thing when I set up the Civstats page for the ISDG, and I was wondering if you guys would like me to do the same thing here. Obviously I should have thought of this when I set up the Civstats page for this game as well, but I didn't, so blah. :p

What I am referring to is obviously that since the leader name changes anyways to the login names you guys are using, there is little point in using the leader name as indication of what civ you are playing. Would you like me to change the Civ-leader in the Civstats page so that it reflects what civ you are really playing, as opposed to the total mumbo-jumbo it is right now? (I figured I'd ask, since you guys might be used to the current mumbo-jumbo anyways.. lol)