1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Caledorn, May 31, 2012.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

The website has a message needing translation:

Ya puede jugar -> You may now play

2. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

if you select in the game the option in useful->leaderes yo will see the user playing. You can add a co-lider.
    This means your co-leader will recibe all the emails and access to the same info at the portal.

3. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

Not that I think there was any doubt as to the double-move functionality, but I just tried to illegally log in (War! Huzzah!) and was properly kicked back out. :)

Interestingly, this happened the first time I logged in, no "you have lost your connection to the pitboss." Which would imply to me my issue of needing to log in twice is something with me/the server/between us, not something with the mod.

4. HitAnyKey

HitAnyKey Lunatic

Caledorn, I sent you a PM with the details for your taking over my civ for the next few days.

Thanks!

5. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Got it! :)

Just a headsup for everyone playing. There is a major rainstorm headed this way sometime the next hours, and it may also include thunder. If the game is unreachable it is most likely because I have lost power. In that case I will post here when the game is back up.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Manolo and Magno_uy:

I need to ask about something in regards to the mod. Say there are 8 players/teams in a game, and the turn timer is set to 48 hours.

Team 1 is at war with Team 2.
    Team 3 is at war with Team 4 and 5.
    Team 6, 7 and 8 is in peace.

What will the mod do with the turns?

If I have understood correctly, the mod will separate the turn into 6 separate turns? As in first Team 1 gets 48 hours to play their turn, then Team 2 gets 48 hours, and so forth until at last Team 6, 7 and 8 gets to play at the same time in the last 48 hours since they are not at war?

Or can Team 6, 7 and 8 log in and play their turn at any time regardless of whether it is the war-turn of Team 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5

What happens if Team 1 and 3 are both at war with Team 2? Will Team 1 and 3 play simultaneously, or will they still be divided into separate turns?

This is important, as I can see problems with this in the ISDG if a Team sees they are losing a war and loses interest in the game, forcing the other Teams to wait for the full 48 hour period of their turn. Even worse if it happens with more than one Team at once as this means one turn may take up to a week to complete.

I've tried to make this as concise as possible to make it easy to translate into Spanish. If writing a proper response in English is difficult, then please just type a response in Spanish, and I will get it translated. :)

7. DaveShack

We have that situation in the warmup game right now.

HAK and Filon at war with me. Apparently at peace with each other. Turn order is HAK, me, Filon. At the present moment, everyone else has played. The mod enforces the turn order of those at war but all others play at any time. There appears to be another, unconnected war. That war's turn order does not appear to interfere with this one. I didn't record who it was, but at one point we had 4 players at a time showing the grey can't move now status. Having one of the players in the first war play does not affect the availability to play for players in the other war.

8. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

In other words, a worst case scenario here means that in this game with the 12 hour timer, one single turn can still take 3x12 hours.

Is there a way to let allianced players perform their turn at the same time in the mod? E.g. if Team 1 and 2 is at war with Team 3, Team 1 and 2 plays their turn at the same time. And then Team 3 plays?

9. Filon

Filon Chieftain

10. Filon

Filon Chieftain

BTW, if HitAnyKey (or Caledorn) did not finish the turn, this turn will be a very long ;)

11. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

My bad!! Sorry! *headplunges into the game*

12. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

the mod want to get sure that all player will at last had 48hs to play, may be more, but not less.

So...

1 is in war with 2, plays 1 first
    3 is at war with 4 and 5, plays first 3
    and 6 and 7 and 8 are in peace.

That will make that at the start of the turn, 1,3,6 ,7 and 8 will be able to login and play.
    All of them had at least 48hs to play and finish turn.

so, when 1 finnish the turn, then 2 will had 48hs to play.
    Same for 3, when 3 finnish, 4 and 5 will had 48hs.

Are the same 48hs? no necesary. If 1 plays at the first hour, 2 will had from the hour two to hour 49 of real time....
    If 1 plays at the 47th hour of its turn... 2 will had 48hs thats starts at the 47th real hour and go till the 95th real hour.

so... does this affects 3,4 and 5 turns? not at all.
    if 3 plays at the 10th hour of his time, 4 and 5 will had 48hs going from the 10th real hour to the 58th real hour...

whats if 1 plays fast, and 3 take 40hours to play... 2 turn will start earlier that day but still will had only 48hs to play. no more. Even if someone else still needs to play (4 and 5 for example)... by the 48th hour of 2, the mod will finnish his turn and 2 will not be able to login... neigter 1. both will just need to wait til 3, 4 and 5 finnish and turn its over.

get the idea? each player at war will had and start time, and will had the same time to play.

Mean will, 6 and 7and 8 that are in peace will be able to login and play when ever they want till someones else at war hadnt play yet or as the original 48hs hour havent finnish yet.

13. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

well.. if someone at war do not play, the mod will finnish at the 48hs our of their turn.

if 1 is in war with 2, and 2 with 3 and 3 with 4, and so on.... and 2 and 4 and 6 do not play their turns... well.. at the spanish forum we had the rule that if you do not play for 5 turns, the admin take you over AI control and god bless your soul

14. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

if 1 AND 2 are at war with 3. 3 will play when 1 AND 2 finnish. 1 and 2 will be able to play at the same

15. DaveShack

To get that situation, the 3rd team entering should enter on the proper side of the turn.
    With a turn order A, B, if C wants to declare on B then C should play first, giving (A,C)->B. If C wants to declare on A, then they should play last to give A->(B,C). Does it also follow that B should declare on C after C has played, to give (A,C)->B? And A should declare on C before C plays, to give A->(B,C)?

16. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

YEAP! its important to take notice of this facts to avoid having to much long turns rolling....

17. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

admin work..

inky13112 Ultimo acceso: 29/06/2012 20:55:57 Ultimo jugado: 19
    2metraninja Ultimo acceso: 29/06/2012 20:51:00 Ultimo jugado: 19

this 2 players do not play for the last 3 turns... normally I could recommend take them to AI control :D

but in this case, keep playing! Just to notice the admin mail control of the web portal :D

18. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

:) No need to AI me, was to a short seaside vacation when automated everything. With such short timer you easily miss 3 turns. :(

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Magno: Can the admin track who is supposed to play his turn in the admin interface? I couldn't find that information, but may be blind ;)

20. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

I had been working in that in the option of "wars" at the toolbar.. but its not working fine yet :mischief:

Actually, you know hows plays before and after you... just that.