MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

I wasn't logging in so I wouldn't overwrite the autosave, waiting for a reload so I would be able to play my turn. Reload never happened, so I never logged in, and no longer care about this game.

For future clarity: If someone wants a reload, please state so clearly in the thread and pause the game. In regards to overwriting the savegame, just log in with a different nick (for example "Caledorn-Reload"), and the old savegame is preserved.

Unless someone wants to take over azza's civ, I will resign it to AI tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

HitAnyKey can take the place, he deserved better chance in the game and looks like decent guy to me.

:goodjob: HitAnyKey if wnat could do a good job

Thanks Azzas for leting know us your intentions.

I have dropped azza to AI since there has been no response. If anyone wants to take over, feel free to nab it of course.

Come on, Azza, bring a replacement. I may understand if you lost interest, but to unbalance the game for those who are serious enough to play its just not right.

You are member of the biggest Civ4 MP site on the web, isnt there a worthy sub amongst your comrades? RB had the strongest opinion against the Spanish mod and had worries it is not tested, so we made a test game with the mod to see in advance some possible bugs/flaws in it. But now the two RB representatives both dropped out of the game. It is not only you, but Realms Beyond name questioned :)

For a start, I don't think anyone, whether from RB, CFC, Poly, whatever, would want to pick up a civ that has missed the past 10 or so turns.

Secondly, the game is already seriously unbalanced regardless of whether I played on or not. A lack of a replacement does not leave the game in a significantly less balanced position than it already is.

Thirdly, I was clearly getting frustrated with the game, mostly due to unreliable notification emails. When I miss a crucial turn because of a random disconnection, I'm going to be annoyed. When I make it perfectly clear that I missed the turn, I expect some sort of response from the game host. When nothing happens, and no one notices that I haven't logged in for over a week, it's clear that this game is no longer worth my time.

Finally, I never played this game as a representative of anyone. I'm not a spokesman for CFC (my "main" forum), let alone RB. Don't act like I somehow represent anyone, because I don't. I wanted to play in this game because I was interested in how the mod would work. Quite frankly, I wasn't impressed.

Well, I guess this is why it is a test game. To your experience the mod site dont send reliable notifications, you should have said about this your observation and looked for an alternative way of information about turn switches. I never relied on e-mail notifications from the mod site - there is a normal Civstats for this just like any other "normal" game. Whether for the main purpose of this mod - disallowing double- moves and extending the timer when there is a war, the mod is doing its job excellent.

About no one wanting to take a civ with missed last 10 turns because his chances for winning the game will be somewhat lowered I hope someone will prove you wrong. Some guys like challenges and the game more than the win itself.

For the current unbalanced situation in the game, dont see how the third score nation quitting will not make it more unbalanced, but well. Here we come to the main point - you just waited 10 turns and never said "Hey! Guys! Stop! I want a reload!". All you said 9 turns ago was you missed the turn and that you get annoyed when you miss turns.

OK, I did not said you are official representative of someone or whatever, just though that you are part of RB team in the current ISDG and this game is a test game for this same ISDG.

Now true, missing turns is not nice, but that was due to technical problem or something like that. Maybe you could have said you want a reload more clearly and you should have got it for sure. But even so, 1 missed turn is definitely not a reason to quit a game, which is meant to be played with months. What can I say then if I was to be frustrated. My opponent used a reload in the game to play differently than before, seeing my moves when I attack. Then he retired to AI and because of that from 3 warriors defending his last city against my 7 skirmishers, I've got 3 Vultures instead of 1 Vulture and 2 warriors on the turn I was going to attack because of the 50% discount the AI gets for upgrading units with money on Noble. There I've lost my initial stack and waited another 10 turns to build a new one. In the meanwhile my opponent logged in, taking his civ again, which screwed the double-move part disallowed me to play when I had the window of opportunity, so I missed an important turn. But I did not said anything, just taking notes and I am still playing the game :)

OK, enough is enough. Either you reconsider and come back, or you dont. If no, please make us the players a favor and ask few buddies if they are willing to take your civ at least :)

Well, I guess this is why it is a test game. To your experience the mod site dont send reliable notifications, you should have said about this your observation and looked for an alternative way of information about turn switches. I never relied on e-mail notifications from the mod site - there is a normal Civstats for this just like any other "normal" game. Whether for the main purpose of this mod - disallowing double- moves and extending the timer when there is a war, the mod is doing its job excellent.

The email notifications are critical to ensuring that the players are not disadvantaged by missing turns. Using Civstats is all well and good if you're first in the turn timer, but when you have to wait for someone to play their turn it falls apart unless you constantly check the Civstats page (which is completely unreasonable).

About no one wanting to take a civ with missed last 10 turns because his chances for winning the game will be somewhat lowered I hope someone will prove you wrong. Some guys like challenges and the game more than the win itself.

I encourage you to find someone who wants to play in that situation then.

For the current unbalanced situation in the game, dont see how the third score nation quitting will not make it more unbalanced, but well. Here we come to the main point - you just waited 10 turns and never said "Hey! Guys! Stop! I want a reload!". All you said 9 turns ago was you missed the turn and that you get annoyed when you miss turns.

I thought it was pretty obvious, given my reaction and the fact that I did miss the turn, that I would've wanted a reload.

OK, I did not said you are official representative of someone or whatever, just though that you are part of RB team in the current ISDG and this game is a test game for this same ISDG.

Now true, missing turns is not nice, but that was due to technical problem or something like that. Maybe you could have said you want a reload more clearly and you should have got it for sure. But even so, 1 missed turn is definitely not a reason to quit a game, which is meant to be played with months. What can I say then if I was to be frustrated. My opponent used a reload in the game to play differently than before, seeing my moves when I attack. Then he retired to AI and because of that from 3 warriors defending his last city against my 7 skirmishers, I've got 3 Vultures instead of 1 Vulture and 2 warriors on the turn I was going to attack because of the 50% discount the AI gets for upgrading units with money on Noble. There I've lost my initial stack and waited another 10 turns to build a new one. In the meanwhile my opponent logged in, taking his civ again, which screwed the double-move part disallowed me to play when I had the window of opportunity, so I missed an important turn. But I did not said anything, just taking notes and I am still playing the game :)

OK, enough is enough. Either you reconsider and come back, or you dont. If no, please make us the players a favor and ask few buddies if they are willing to take your civ at least :)

If the game was reloaded to the point that I started missing turns, I would come back, but I highly doubt that would occur, nor would I expect it to. It's not because of one missed turn, that was just the tipping point. It's not a particularly enjoyable game, the hosting has been kinda unreliable, and the mod/turn timer mean I have to worry a lot more about the game than most others, or else I miss turns. In the end, it doesnt seem worth the hassle.

not at all, u are welcome! do you want me to assign you the civ at aptmod.com? I will need your user there

Welcome :)

no problem, I will need just u to register there. If u dont use the same nick, just tell.

I've been just playing turns, and forgot to even look at the thread.

The apt website has been sending me notices pretty much every turn. Not sure what could have been going wrong with Azza.

Who are you subbing / taking over for?

Top Bottom