Mudcrutch

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
This group was popular back in the early 70s in the southern USA. They formed in the 60s as the Epics, and then renamed themselves.
They also had a run-down house on an abandoned farm, they called it Mudcrutch Farm. They had a Mudcrutch Farm Festival there and it sounded like fun. Although the police came because somebody complained. :lol:

They are getting back together, and releasing an album early next year. :)

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070925/COLUMNIST0501/709250374/1121

Spoiler :
Nashville's Leadon reunites with Petty on album and film

By BEVERLY KEEL

Nashville musician Tom Leadon recently reunited with his former bandmate and childhood friend Tom Petty.

The Toms were in a Gainesville, Fla., band called Mudcrutch — a precursor to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers — with Mike Campbell and Randall Marsh. (The Toms were actually in an earlier band called the Epics.)
In August, Petty got Mudcrutch back together.
"It was just entirely unexpected," Tom Leadon says. "It was like a dream, the whole thing. Tom couldn't have been nicer. It was great to hang out with him again."

Our Tom, who teaches guitar at Jan Williams School of Music and Theater in Brentwood, stayed with Petty in Malibu, Calif., while Mudcrutch recorded with keyboardist Benmont Tench.

They recorded 18 old and new songs for an album that will be released in early 2008.

"We would play and then we would just talk about the old days," says Tom, who left the band in 1972, two years before Petty moved to L.A. to pursue his dreams. "We were all best friends.
"We hope to have enough interest in Mudcrutch that we are able to do to it again," he says.

Next month, Tom Leadon (the brother of former Eagles member Bernie Leadon) can also be seen in the Petty documentary Runnin' Down a Dream, which was directed by Peter Bogdanovich.

This group was popular back in the early 70s in the southern USA. They formed in the 60s as the Epics, and then renamed themselves.
They also had a run-down house on an abandoned farm, they called it Mudcrutch Farm. They had a Mudcrutch Farm Festival there and it sounded like fun. Although the police came because somebody complained. :lol:

They are getting back together, and releasing an album early next year. :)

That's fantastic!

:)

Tom about the Mudcrutch Farm Festival:

And then a massive amount of people came. Thousands of people. It really upset the neighborhood. You wouldn't think of trying to do something like that with no organization today. [Laughs]
And so the cops came in, and they said, "We can't shut it down because there are thousands of people here, and there will be a lot of trouble if we shut it down."

Sorry for double posting, but I just remembered: Mudcrutch released two singles.
http://www.mudcrutch.com/index.php?pageid=mudcrutch

Up In Mississippi (Tonight) / Cause Is Understood
Depot Street / Wild Eyes

Also, they were also going to do an album, but I think they broke up before they did. Or something happened.

On Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Playback boxed set, there was a Mudcrutch song included -- "Don't Do Me Like That." It was the same one that was on the Damn the Torpedoes album. (Mods: Yes, thats the album title. I hope I don't get in trouble!)

Top Bottom