Multi-Team Democracy Game: Are you interested?

I will participate in any demogracy or succession game, so long as it is vanilla and starts immediately. :p

Epimethius said:
I will participate in any demogracy or succession game, so long as it is vanilla and starts immediately. :p

you mean completly unlike anything else we have got going in this forum :mischief:

Epimetheus, the fundamental structure of the game prevents of from using vanilla. It needs to be a PBEM set up, for which vanilla is not eqiuped. You'd still be welcome to participate, as your insights need not necessarily be with the use of the save. :)

And, if we do get a little bit more core DG support, I'll start my effort to go out into other forums for recruitment.

Dammit, I figured you meant you have a bunch of different Demogames, competing to see who does best or something.

Maybe I should get PTW. It actually makes up for Vanilla's lacking by adding useful civs, unlike Conquests, which seems to add useless redundant ones (excluding the Dutch, though they didn't seem very well handeled.). :p

If you buy C3C, you'll get both PTW and it in the same and won't anymore ever have the problem of incompatibility. :p

But I'd also get the Sumerians. And I don't want the Sumerians. If I did, I'd rename the Babylonians that. :p

Well, I think I better understand whats going on, and I would be interested. I'm just angry that I can't actually play too active a role.

Epimethius said:
But I'd also get the Sumerians. And I don't want the Sumerians. If I did, I'd rename the Babylonians that. :p

Well, I think I better understand whats going on, and I would be interested. I'm just angry that I can't actually play too active a role.
no it also installs ptw by itself which can be ran off the conquests cd :crazyeye:

count me in too, that would be great, and we warmongers could finally show the peace people who is boss

What are we waiting for, let's go! :band:

More people will join once it starts.

And Oct will get one more DG to participate in. ;)

Ankka said:
More non-DG-ers? Why so?

Ideally to get a forum (or multiple forums) approved (and we would be better off with our own sub forums) we need to show that it will draw in more participation. Also we need enough total participation in the multi-team game to have several democracies, one for each team.

Another thought - where should we look for potential players?

The list I have in my head stands right now at...

~The CFC PBEM forum
~The CFC SG forum (CT has given a go-ahead for posted adverts here, iirc)
~The Civ3Duel Zone Forum (A large group of people involved in PBEMs)
~Gamecatcher Forum (has a strong tradition in regard to team-type games)

Anyone with any more ideas? I'd also like some volunteers to keep watch over the recruiting efforts in these areas.

Octavian X said:
~The CFC PBEM forum
Of course here.

Octavian X said:
~The CFC SG forum (CT has given a go-ahead for posted adverts here, iirc)
Wouldn't a global civ 3 announcement do better, in all civ 3 forums at once? propably easier and would be more effective...

Octavian X said:
~The Civ3Duel Zone Forum (A large group of people involved in PBEMs)
~Gamecatcher Forum (has a strong tradition in regard to team-type games)
Many of the people in these forums are also posting at CFC...

Octavian X said:
Anyone with any more ideas? I'd also like some volunteers to keep watch over the recruiting efforts in these areas.
How about a CFC mainpage announcement and one big one which would show in every forum?

If we could get a global annoucment, that would be wonderful. However, that looks doubtful, at best. Try to ask CT about it next time you see her in #civfanatics. It seems like we're more likely to get a main page blurb that a global annoucement on the forums.

I also listed the other two forums so we can get the attention of those who don't post regularly at CFC. The bigger the pool we target, the better.

Top Bottom